The Directorate General of Civil Aviationofficial said IndiGo has three such aircraft, which have been grounded.
Airbus has stopped accepting new engines from Pratt following higher than normal engine in-flight shut-down (IFSD) and Rejected Take-Off (RTO) involving the PW1100G powered variants of A320neo, which started entering service from January 2016.
Technical issues with certain engines of IndiGo's A320neo planes had led to the grounding of many flights previous year.
European aircraft manufacturer Airbus and its American supplier Pratt & Whitney announced Friday that they had identified a new problem on the aircraft engines fitted on the A320neo.
The DGCA official had said IndiGo has three such aircraft, adding that the latest issue is different from the problems experienced by IndiGo's A320 neos earlier and those have been addressed.
A senior official of Indigo confirmed receiving the recommendations by Pratt & Whitney as well as EASA with respect to the A320neo aircrafts powered by PW1100G-JM engines. "SWISS was the first airline to fly the GTF-powered Bombardier C Series aircraft", said Peter Wojahn, Head of Technical Fleet Management, SWISS.
The grounding of planes seems to have hit the airline's operations badly.
The issue impacts a limited sub-population of engines and IndiGo had to ground three of its aircraft in the interim, it added.
P&W's Purepower GTF engine family powers all the new generation single aisle passenger jets except the Boeing 737 MAX.
The P&W Purepower GTF engines while key to the improved efficiency of these aircraft, had a long string of problems during testing and in service. Approximately 374 units were delivered in 2017.
Not all of the engines are affected by the issue, though the spokesperson declined to say how many.
- Jamie Anderson wins her second Olympic gold in women's snowboard slopestyle
- Cyclone Gita heads for Tonga
- Kylie shares a cute photo of her baby girl's hand
- BJP will form next government in Tripura: Amit Shah
- HomePod Vs. Google Home Max: Comparison Of Price, Features, Sound
- Massive Triple Axel & Men's Singles Luge Medal For Team USA — History Made
- Barcelona held by Getafe, Sevilla snatch a win
- SA spoil Dhawan ton in Pink ODI
- India, UAE condemn use of terrorism as state policy
- 'Too Soon' To Tell If Korean Olympic Thaw Will Last: Jim Mattis