Writer KV Vijayendra Prasad of Baahubali fame, who has penned the script for Kangana Ranaut's Manikarnika: The Queen of Jhansi, has clarified that the upcoming epic drama portrays Rani Laxmibai in the most respectable manner.
Dismissing the rumor of a romantic sequence, Kangana, who plays the central role of Rani Laxmibai, said that by spreading such stories, they are defaming Jhansi Ki Rani.
The clouds of trouble that were looming large around currently under-production film Manikarnika have now surrounded it completely and the inevitable has happened.
"There is nothing controversial in Manikarnika. It's really bad on our part to even think about creating such controversies for a woman who gave a tough fight to the British rulers while fighting alone for the country's sake". We can not even think like that, the kind of things they are saying. "We will take any step for maintaining the glory of Rani Laxmibai and our Brahmin community". However, they cleared the air saying that the movie neither distorts historical facts nor does it portray anything objectionable. "It is idle talk and I don't know why it is being said", PTI quoted the actress as saying. "He is so impressed with the character that he has named his daughter Manikarnika too", Kangana added. "The producers of the film, Kamal Jain and Zee Studios haven't officially announced the release date yet".
"Mr Kamal Jain met the leaders today and gave them in writing that there is no distortion of history or nothing objectionable about the film", the source told Cinestaan.com yesterday.
The film, which was initially scheduled to release on April 27, has now been pushed by four months.
- S. Korean president meets with visiting Japanese PM for Winter Olympics
- Di Maria Opens Up About Failed Barcelona Move
- Wintry weather in store once more this weekend
- Ronaldo hits hat-trick as Real warm up for PSG clash
- Dozens killed in US-led coalition airstrike in Syria: state media
- After Shutdown, Trump Pushes for more Republicans in Congress
- Nation mourns death of leading human rights lawyer Asma Jahangir
- (NASDAQ:MSFT) Position Lifted by Sunbelt Securities Inc
- These displays of unity at the Olympics fill us with hope
- Turkey resumes airstrikes on Kurdish-held enclave