The bad man did this to both of us.
Messick's family says McGowan reported the incident to her without calling it rape, and that Messick reported it to her bosses accordingly before she went to work under Weinstein at Miramax.
Jill's family members released an official statement about what took place, claiming she was collateral damage of the whole situation with Harvey Weinstein.
"Many women have come out with allegations against Harvey Weinstein, including Rose McGowan, who has repeatedly spoken with the press, striking out against not only her alleged attacker but a great many others", the statement continued.
The family also stated that McGowan's accusations against Messick were "ironic" since she was the first person who "stood up" for the actress at the time of the alleged assault. Her memoir "Brave" came out January 30. You've taken a hammer to #metoo'.
'Today she pats herself on the back for "what [she's] done for all women" and says 0 about Jill. The family specifically blamed McGowan, Weinstein and journalists for contributing to stress in Messick's life.
Another follower wrote, "Of course this is all about you". She was a producer on films like Frida, Mean Girls and Baby Mama, and previously worked as Rose McGowan's manager.
Another follower wrote, "Of course this is all about you. No decency at all" followed by the hashtag #JillMessick.
Messick, 50, battled depression for many years, according to a statement obtained by the Daily News from her family, but the recent thrust into the spotlight had made things harder.
The Sound actress continues to push her #RoseArmy movement in her five-part docu-series Citizen Rose, which airs Tuesdays on E!
- Vipshop (VIPS) Earns Media Impact Rating of 0.15
- Senate strikes 2-year budget deal: 5 takeaways for healthcare leaders
- Heading home, Pence asserts unity on pressuring North Korea
- Two police officers shot and killed in Ohio
- Was there a cyberattack at the Olympic opening ceremony?
- What will happen to Elon Musk's Tesla Roadster in space?
- Come visit: South Korea's leader invited to North Korea
- Franklin Street Advisors INC Holds Holding in Gilead Sciences INC Com (GILD)
- Hardik Patel meets Mamata Banerjee, gets invite to join TMC in Gujarat
- Batshuayi helps give Reus a winning Dortmund return