According to Pakistani daily The Express Tribune, the distributers are not ready to screen the film, and upon their request, even the board of the country has refused to watch the movie or grant it a certificate, citing that the movie is against Islamic traditions and culture.
Based on the life of Arunachalam Muruganantham, PadMan, which starres Akshay Kumar, Radhika Apte and Sonam Kapoor, is the story of how one man came up with a revolutionary method of producing cost-effective sanitary napkins and empowered thousands of women across the country in the process. The film, however, did not make the expected numbers on the first day.
Film critic Shubhra Gupta has given the movie two stars, and thinks the movie, despite having good intentions, isn't particularly good. Akshay Kumar would have hoped for a better box office report of Padman considering the extensive promotional activities he participated to rouse the audiences. Given that the film has already witnessed a 35% jump on the second day, moving forward, we wonder how's it going to be.
In the R Balki-directorial, Bollywood star Akshay Kumar has stepped into the shoes of national hero Arunachalam Muruganantham; the inventor of low-priced sanitary napkins for women in rural areas.
While fans thronged theatres on Day 1 to see the film that has been the talk of the nation, the operators of Common Services Centers (CSC) scheme (a project under the Digital India Programme) distributed sanitary napkins outside cinema halls in Odisha.
A subject like this has limitations and hence it is the weekend total that would clearly define how exactly would the trajectory look like at the Box Office. Akshay's stardom and heavy fanfare would claim an opening of as much as Rs 9 to 11 crore on day one. Biz should be STRONG on Sun too.
Bollywood superstar Akshay Kumar's first release of the year, Pad Man released on Friday.
When a superstar like Akshay Kumar made a decision to play the role of Pad Man, a man who invented low cost pads for women's menstrual hygiene, it can't go unnoticed.
- Two Turkish troops killed as helicopter downed
- Reigning Gold Medalist Drops Out Of Winter Olympics After Brain Injury
- Ash Wednesday: A point of re-entry?
- Joint Korean hockey team should win Nobel Peace Prize — IOC member
- United Nations to meet on humanitarian crisis in Syria
- Turkey detains pro-Kurdish party leaders as Syria operation resumes
- Rally held as immigrant activist granted deportation stay
- Russian Passenger Jet With 71 Aboard Crashes Near Moscow
- Tom Brady documentary delayed by Super Bowl loss
- Oxfam scandal: Penny Mordaunt threatens to pull aid from overseas charities