Kim Jong Un has invited the South Korean President to Pyongyang for what could potentially be the first meeting of Korean leaders in over a decade..
Dark chocolate tempered in the shape of barbed wire lay over a map of the Korean peninsula rendered in thin blue chocolate, a representation of the heavily militarised border that separates South Korea and the North.
Mark Adams, spokesman for the International Olympic Committee, said it was "normal practice" not to disclose the source as investigations continue.
Moon said that the two nations should "work together to create the environment to make it happen", according to a spokesman, signaling a rare diplomatic opportunity for the two Koreas that have been divided since 1953.
"South Korea has some hard homework to solve regarding some countries", Mr Moon said before Mr Pence arrived.
President Donald Trump's administration has taken a hard line on North Korea's nuclear and ballistic missile programme, saying there is no room for negotiations unless Pyongyang abandons it.
The handwritten invitation to President Moon was delivered by Mr Kim's influential sister, Kim Yo-jong, at a landmark meeting in the presidential palace in Seoul, as the Games opened on Saturday.
At the opening ceremony for the Games, Mr Pence, Kim Yo-jong and Kim Yong-nam were seated in close proximity to each other.
Pence did say, however, that Moon shared with him details of his meeting with North Korean leaders, without elaborating.
Cyber security experts had warned of potential attacks on the Winter Olympics, with both North Korea and Russian Federation touted as possible sources. The meeting would be the first official talks between the two in 10 years.
"For all that President Moon has done in outreach and discussions around the Olympics and inter-Korean talks, there is no daylight between the United States and the Republic of Korea and Japan on the need to continue to isolate North Korea economically and diplomatically until they abandon their nuclear and ballistic-missile program, " Pence told reporters Saturday aboard Air Force One.
- UK's Boris meets Myanmar 's Suu Kyi on Rohingya crisis
- Man with Sword Attacks Church in Yogyakarta, Injures Four
- OxyContin maker says it will no longer market opioid to doctors
- McDonald's offers 18-karat Big Mac with Twitter contest
- Kim's Sister to Meet Moon After Cheering on Unified Korea Team
- Olympics Opening Ceremony sends 'powerful message of peace'
- Olympic Protest: South Koreans Burn North Korean Flags, Images of Kim Jong
- Did Ranveer Singh increase his fee post the success of Padmaavat?
- Former Sri Lanka President Mahinda Rajapaksa poised for big win in polls
- Modi becomes first Indian PM in history to visit Palestine