U.S. media reports he is accused of taking a picture of the teen's naked body and sending it in a group text to friends saying: "LOL I think she od'd, still breathing".
Brian Varela, 19, is alleged to have sexually assaulted Alyssa Mae Noceda, 18 when she passed out after the pair took drugs together.
According to friend Jayson Pepito, Varela took several photos of Noceda naked and unconscious, and sent them in a group chat. Noceda had snorted a line of crushed Percocet pills, and Varela then gave her a "dab" of liquid THC. The message with the photos said, "LOL I think she od'd, still breathing".
On Sunday morning, Varela showed his roommate an unresponsive Noceda lying on his bed.
According to police paperwork he only had sex with the girl "to pass the time".
According to Varela, the girl had taken multiple drugs that caused her to overdose.
Alyssa Mae Noceda, 18, was allegedly raped as she died from a drug overdose.
Although Varela's roommate and another person told him to call the police, he closed and locked his bedroom door - with Noceda's body still inside - and went to work at Dairy Queen.
The suspect, who has been identified as Brian Roberto Varela, was charged Friday with second-degree rape, manslaughter and controlled substance homicide, the Associated Press reported.
As his co-workers told police, Varela allegedly bragged at work about having sex with Noceda and described in graphic detail how he had broken her legs to load her body into a plastic bin, which he was planning to fill with onions and bury.
When questioned by police, the 19-year-old suspect admitted to having sex with Noceda but insisted that even though she was 'out of it, ' the encounter was consensual. When the coworker saw a post on Facebook from the girl's mother which said she had been missing since Saturday, they went to the police to reported Varela on Thursday.
He used Noceda's thumb to unlock her iPhone and posted to Snapchat so people would think she had run away.
He was charged Friday in Snohomish County Superior Court.
During a court appearance, Valera reportedly smirked as deputy prosecutor Bob Hendrix accused him of a "callous and shocking disregard for human life".
Judge Tam Bui set bail at $500,000, as Varela remains in jail.
- Tom Brady documentary delayed by Super Bowl loss
- EPL: Aguero nets four in Man City rout
- Military wins, DACA recipients lose in rumored Senate budget deal
- UN chief calls for immediate de-escalation in Syria after Israel raids
- Seamus Coleman suffers muscle injury in Everton's win over Palace
- Rally held as immigrant activist granted deportation stay
- Senate leaders announce two-year budget deal
- Kurds: Turkey Shelling Closes Schools for 40000 Students in Northern Syria
- Luge - Austrian Gleirscher claims surprise gold after Loch flop
- ASUS Zenfone 5 and Zenfone 5 lite leak spill all the beans