Harry Kane scored the victor in the 49th minute of the game woth a second half header to hand his side all three points from the encounter and move Spurs to third in the English Premier League table seven points clear of their bitter rivals Arsenal who are now sixth.
Spurs are fifth in the Premier League on 49 points - four ahead of Arsenal. "I remember there were tremendous cases here when foreign players did it but I must say the English players have learned very quickly and they might even be the masters now", he added.
The Gunners won the first 2-0 thanks to goals from Shkodran Mustafi and Alexis Sanchez, but will field a very different side on the weekend. "That is down to the referees and I think that sometimes, at normal speed, it is very hard to determine, I must say". "I watched it again, it's a regular goal".
As such, the veteran shot-stopper was downbeat at the display produced, telling the club's official website: "If you look at the table, we needed to win this game to close the gap and we couldn't do so".
"Can't wait to see the best striker in Europe tomorrow."
"We have a positive history there and of course Wembley is a pitch that is quality, a stadium with a big crowd and it is always a special day in your mind so, overall yes, I would prefer to play there", Wenger said, when asked if he prefers to play Tottenham at Wembley or at White Hart Lane.
"If we fail to compete for the title this season, we have to prepare for the next season".
"I think it is important for the belief of the team", he told reporters at Wembley. "That is not acceptable at this level", he fumed.
Both teams struggled in a turgid first half, although Kane wasted a glorious opportunity 25 minutes in when he headed Christian Eriksen's cross over the bar when unmarked near the six-yard box.
Their only shut-outs in their last 12 fixtures have come in the Carabao Cup, with Newcastle the last side they contained in the Premier League way back on December 16. He has owned them in the past, scoring six goals in six appearances.
- Trump 'weighing his options' on release of Democratic memo - White House
- 'Justice for Colten' rally draws dozens in Vancouver after not-guilty verdict
- Heavy snow to blanket upper Midwest
- North Korean athletes reportedly reject free Samsung phone
- From the White House to the hospital
- Joaquin Phoenix to play Joker in Todd Phillips' standalone movie
- Adams steps down as Sinn Fein leader after 34 years
- What will happen to Elon Musk's Tesla Roadster in space?
- Franklin Street Advisors INC Holds Holding in Gilead Sciences INC Com (GILD)
- Two police officers shot and killed in Ohio