Despite facing protests and threats, the Sanjay Leela Bhansali period drama has managed to work its magic. She captures the fancy of the reigning Sultan of Delhi, the tyrant Alauddin Khilji (Ranveer Singh), who becomes obsessed with her and goes to great lengths to fulfill his greed.
"To be very honest there hasn't been any time to celebrate the success of Padmaavat because there is so much happening right now".
"Hikes are the order of the day when you deliver a box office hit". Post that, he will start working on Rohit Shetty's Simmba, which promises to be an out-and-out action entertainer. In India, Padmaavat will certainly end up doing 250 crores if not more in terms of lifetime collection and overseas record breaking streak has not ended which will definitely take the film to a grand total of 500 crores beating most of the Hindi films.
Deepika Padukone at the red carpet of Volare Awards 2018 in Mumbai
Actress Deepika Padukone attended the Volare Awards here in Mumbai. The film was made on a budget of Rs 180 crore with an additional Rs 20 crore spent on converting it into a 3D version.
Starring Ranveer Singh, Aditi Rao Hydari and Shahid Kapoor, Bhansali's film is based on Malik Mohammad's poem Padmavat and tells the story of Rani Padmini. YJHD earned a sum of Rs 188.57 crore.
Deepika Padukone-Ranveer Singh-Shahid Kapoor starrer Padmaavat is achieving new milestones with each passing day. Yes, we are talking about Bajirao Mastani which earned Rs 184.2 crore. According to a report in Boxofficeindia.com, the film earned Rs 6.25 crore on its third Saturday and earned Rs 9.75 crore in two days of the third week.
- Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp reacts to Southampton win
- Military wins, DACA recipients lose in rumored Senate budget deal
- Kurds: Turkey Shelling Closes Schools for 40000 Students in Northern Syria
- Disney World and Disneyland Are Raising Prices Once Again
- Israeli settlements complicate the task of making peace
- Hours from deadline, US Senate to vote to avert shutdown
- Korean president hosts lunch for Kim Jong Un's sister
- United Nations calls for 'urgent global action' to end violence in Afrin
- Full range of Samsung Galaxy S9 official cases leak
- Man texts 'LOL' in group text as woman dies from overdose