Duke was the second-best ACC team, listed at the No. 7 overall seed (No. 2 seed in East Region). Auburn was named the top No. 2 seed, which makes it No. 5 overall.
Virginia, Villanova, Xavier and Purdue were all given No. 1 seeds while Auburn, Kansas, Duke and Cincinnati earned No. 2 seeds.
"The sleeper team to get to the 1 line is Texas Tech", Davis said, noting their current standing in the Big 12 and potential to pick up another big time win, when they face KU at home on February 24.
Villanova was selected as the second No. 1 seed (East Region).
On Sunday afternoon, the NCAA Tournament Selection Committee released the Top 16 seeds as it stands right now, a month away from Selection Sunday. If they Spartans win out to finish their regular season and then go on to win the Big Ten Tournament, they would improve their case to be a top-2 seed or better in the 2018 NCAA Tournament.
"The Red Raiders, to me, are a very interesting group", added Kellogg. "I really think this Texas Tech team is one to really keep an eye on no matter what it looks like a month from now when we reveal the bracket".
South: 1. Virginia, 2.
The Jayhawks are 19-6 overall and 8-4 in Big 12 play.
"Michigan State has about 25 percent of their schedule remaining and they've got an opportunity to continue to rack up wins and in the conference tournament they have the potential to play some outstanding teams", Rasmussen said. Clemson and Texas Tech rank ahead of Michigan State while North Carolina is at No. 12.
- William Byron leads Daytona 500 practice on opening day
- Kurds: Turkey Shelling Closes Schools for 40000 Students in Northern Syria
- Korean president hosts lunch for Kim Jong Un's sister
- Bustling Stock in Focus: Texas Instruments Incorporated (NASDAQ:TXN)
- South Korea 2018 gets underway
- United Nations calls for 'urgent global action' to end violence in Afrin
- Tom Brady documentary delayed by Super Bowl loss
- Hours from deadline, US Senate to vote to avert shutdown
- Military wins, DACA recipients lose in rumored Senate budget deal
- Xavi favours PSG over Real