TUESDAY: A few rain showers will be possible, with a milder high temperature of 53 degrees.
The moderate to heavy rain will fall on ground still moist from rainfall earlier in the week, the NWS stated.
A flood watch has been issued by the National Weather Service for Lee County and other counties across Central Alabama, starting Saturday morning and extending through Sunday afternoon. Overall, the main concern this weekend will be the potential for flooding rains. Rainfall amounts of 2-4 inches will cause many rivers and streams to reach and potentially surpass flood-stage levels, forecasters said. Severe Weather Team 2 Meteorologist Katie Walls said you may want to change them. Wet and stormy weather is expected here and along the Gulf Coast for Mardi Gras. Rain, heavy at times, will arrive tonight and hang around for the majority of the weekend.
Light showers along with rising temperatures continues Saturday afternoon.
With the mention of thunderstorms.a few rumbles of thunder will be possible Saturday, but a few storms are more likely Sunday.
The chance for showers drops back to 20 percent on Monday and temperatures remain above normal but slightly cooler than the weekend.
- Fayose woos Benue governor to PDP
- Southwestern Energy Company (SWN), Petroleo Brasileiro SA - Petrobras (PBR)
- At The Movies - 'Fifty Shades Freed'
- Quanto valgono le medaglie delle Olimpiadi Invernali 2018?
- NBC adds 12M out-of-home viewers to Super Bowl total
- UN Allows Sanctioned North Korea Official To Attend Olympics
- Koreas set to hold rare high-level talks during Olympics
- Volatility Jump Has Traders Asking About VIX Note Poison Pill
- Arsenal should replace Wenger with Conte - Merson
- Most Active Stock: Array BioPharma Inc. (ARRY)