The outspoken 40-year-old said that Shiffrin might have been better off taking a few weeks off coming into the Olympics to give herself a chance to rest before carrying the considerable medal expectations of American fans.
Bones heal. The grief that followed her grandfather's death last November is proving harder to bear.
"On any World Cup it's hard to predict the victor... but here there's one downhill every fourth year and then it really gets a lot of focus and if there's a prize you remember it longer". "I've spent many a Christmas in hotel rooms by myself", she says. "I really want to put an exclamation point on my career".
But she chose to sit out the giant slalom, saying that her knee "is just not really in a place to do that". He's been such a big part of my life, and I really hoped he would be alive to see me, and I know he's watching and I know he's going to help me. "But Mikaela, right from the get-go, always said: 'I'm not Lindsey".
Now American Lindsey Vonn, the poster girl of the Winter Olympics, has asked her friends on the Norwegian men's ski team to find her a new man. Vonn won an impressive four World Cup overall championships.
Miller represented the U.S.at five Olympics and became the oldest Alpine skier to medal when he won bronze in the Super G at the Sochi Games in 2014.
I think it's the jetlag. she's so confused!
In Pyeongchang, Shiffrin will first face her specialties, the technical events: the giant slalom and slalom. And she startled the skiing world by winning a downhill over a shortened course in Lake Louise, Alberta, in December.
Then, moments later, she spoke about skiing in his memory. Everything happens for a reason and I have someone looking out for me. "I rarely think about it unless someone brings it up". I happen to be the kind of person who pushes the limit at all time, whether I'm skiing or driving a vehicle.
Less than three days later, she was in NY for even more television appearances.
In subsequent tweets, Vonn said she had deboarded the original plane and, after more than an hour, boarded another. "Last weekend was just the icing on the cake". For much of the winter, family time is rare. I'm not going to be nervous. I'm skiing exceptionally well.
- Idris Elba proposes to girlfriend at movie screening
- NKorean leader offers to meet SKorean president
- Crown Castle International Corp. (REIT) (CCI) - Analyst rating score stands at 2.20
- Three Indigo-operated A320neo planes grounded after Airbus engine issue
- Abe meets Moon in S.Korea
- Aid group warns of crisis in battered Syria rebel enclave
- Pence `Encouraged' by Talks With South Korea's Moon at Olympics
- Area snow emergencies declared beginning Thursday evening
- Isaiah Thomas Allegedly "Ecstatic" To Be A Laker
- Trump, Modi express concern over Maldives