In southeastern MI, a winter storm watch is in effect through Friday night with 5 to 9 inches forecast in Detroit and its suburbs.
United Airlines said on Twitter that travel waivers were in effect for snow-hit areas this week, and Delta Air Lines offered to rebook flights on Friday for 18 Midwest cities.
Starting tonight, snow will start falling and intensify overnight, with 6 to 10 inches of snow on the ground at sunrise.
The National Weather Service has winter storm warnings in effect for the northern swath of IL from 6 p.m. Thursday through Friday evening.
Monday night: Mostly cloudy, low around 16.
Snow accumulation totals are expected from 1 to 3 inches in Nebraska, up to 8 inches in Iowa, and up to a foot in Illinois, Indiana and MI. Drivers should be prepared for significant reductions in visibility at times. "Make no mistake though, this is a heavy snow, heavier than we've seen in a number of winters".
The city of Davenport reports that based on the current National Weather Service forecast a snow emergency is being declared. When it snows, the city starts by plowing and salting the city's main streets and Lake Shore Drive until the snow stops, then starts clearing side streets.
The National Weather Service issued a winter storm watch from Thursday evening to Friday evening, warning of hard travel conditions during the Friday morning commute.
- Key Takeaways From Tesla, Inc.'s Fourth-Quarter Shareholder Letter
- TalkTalk shares plunge on fund raising and dividend cut
- Futures Markets Predict More US Selling
- PadMan movie review: A bittersweet tale of menstruation
- A chilly day, and breezy at times Thursday
- Tronc Bought The Los Angeles Instances To Billionaire Patrick Quickly-Shiong
- Three 'militants' killed in United States drone strike in North Waziristan
- Viacom (VIAB) Trading 7.2% Higher on Earnings Beat
- AccuWeather Blames National Weather Service for False Alarm Tsunami Warning
- Renuka Chowdhury Moves Privilege Motion Against Kiren Rijiju For Posting 'Objectionable' Video