"Every person has been in one or all of my favorite films". All the core Avengers - including Robert Downey Jr., Chris Evans, Chris Hemsworth, Mark Ruffalo, Scarlett Johansson, and Jeremy Renner - were there, along with newcomers like Michelle Pfeiffer (who'll appear in this year's Ant-Man and the Wasp as Janet Van Dyne) and Brie Larson (who'll be debuting as Captain Marvel in 2019).
Things have changed since then, and while others have taken a crack at the whole shared universe thing, none of them can hold a candle to what Marvel has accomplished with their 18 films so far (with almost a handful more slated to hit before the end of 2019).
To celebrate the 10th anniversary of the release of Iron Man, the first in a long line of films set in the Marvel Cinematic Universe, the comic book giants brought together dozens of actors, directors and writers for a commemorative photo. Producer Kevin Feige rounded up all the Marvel superheroes we have come to love in the last decade for one of the most impressive class photos ever seen.
They were joined by Marvel legend Stan Lee, studio president Kevin Feige and the two directors responsible for the films that set up and established the MCU: Jon Favreau and Joss Whedon.
Vanity Fair's massive spreads have nothing on the Marvel Cinematic Universe. They also plan to run Marvel 10-Year Sweepstakes with contests on social media between February 8 to March 15 wielding winners each week of super fan prize packs like touring Marvel studios and going to the Avengers premiere.
The studio's official Twitter account posted the photo with an accompanying video on Thursday.
Now the results of that photoshoot have been officially published with the studio celebrating 10 years of the MCU.
The shoot took place in Atlanta on October 7 for what was purported to be an under-wraps event to mark the decade-long milestone (and no doubt it was a challenge making everyone's schedules work!). Check out a sneak peak at the Avengers' new looks in Infinity War, and also be sure to read about how Captain Marvel (Brie Larson) will feature in Avengers 4 and what awaits the MCU after the fourth Avengers film. Just hit the buttons on the top of this page.
- US Curling Team Beats Russian Athletes To Kick Off Pyeongchang Olympics
- Sit Investment Associates Inc. Decreases Holdings in Philip Morris International Inc. (PM)
- Should You Buy Whiting Petroleum Corporation (WLL) or Bill Barrett Corporation (BBG)?
- Philly celebrates 1st Super Bowl title with parade
- Sen. Jeff Kruse resigns amid sexual misconduct allegations
- NBA Report: Derrick Rose Could Reunite With Former Teammates
- United Nations asked to allow sanctioned N. Korean to attend Olympics
- Energy Security, Infrastructural Investments Will Be Top Priority During PM Modi's Visit
- Honda launch offer for new Civic diesel
- Storm barrels through US Midwest with snow and frigid temperatures