I am delighted to undertake my first visit there as Prime Minister on 11-12 February.
In his two-day visit to the United Arab Emirates which starts from Saturday, Modi said that he will meet Shaikh Mohammad Bin Rashid Al Maktoum, vice-president and Prime Minister of the UAE and Ruler of Dubai Shaikh Mohammad Bin Zayed Al Nahyan, Abu Dhabi Crown Prince and Deputy Supreme Commander of the UAE Armed Forces.
"The UAE is home to over three million people of Indian origin. And the possible role India can play in enhancing peace in the region, as well as discussing different economical aspects beyond the existing ties we already possess", he said.
"The Palestine visit will begin on 10th February after transiting through Jordan", Modi tweeted. From there he will take a chopper and reach Ramallah in West Bank where he will meet the Palestinian leader Mahmoud Abbas. They had earlier met on the sidelines of the UN General Assembly in 2015, at the Paris climate summit later that year and during Abbas's visit to India last year. "Redefining our neighbourhood from a maritime perspective!" He will then hold talks with Sultan Qaboos Bin Said Al Said, who will host a banquet in the visiting dignitary's honour. The Gulf and West Asian region is a key priority in our external engagement.
Modi is expected to arrive in Amman Friday afternoon and meet Jordan King Abdullah II.
Speaking on apportionment of development funds to Tripura, the prime minister said, "As per the formula for devolution of funds from the Centre, Tripura has always been a recipient of 89% of its (central government) annual budgetary allocations; this is continuing for long but whenever we get any accounting or utilisation certificate, we find that most of the time the funds are unutilized". And in Oman Modi is scheduled to pay a visit to a 200-year-old temple dedicated to Lord Shiva.
Kumar said that Oman is a country of strategic importance for India and all three defence forces of the two counties have held joint exercises.
Modi will straightaway head for a large community event at a stadium in the Omani capital.
- Should North Koreans get Samsung phones donated to the Olympics?
- NBA Report: Derrick Rose Could Reunite With Former Teammates
- Storm barrels through US Midwest with snow and frigid temperatures
- Sen. Jeff Kruse resigns amid sexual misconduct allegations
- Sit Investment Associates Inc. Decreases Holdings in Philip Morris International Inc. (PM)
- North Korea stages military parade on eve of Olympics
- Winter Games won't be Olympic in the absence of strongest athletes
- New Qualcomm Snapdragon selected by Sony and Nokia
- Three 'militants' killed in United States drone strike in North Waziristan
- Some New Pokemon Are Flying Into Pokemon Go Very Soon