Mahrez went on strike AFTER the window closed.
The Algeria global has also missed the Foxes' last two matches and is nearly certain to sit out this weekend's meeting with Man City at the Etihad Stadium.
Former England striker Ian Wright condemned Mahrez's recent actions but admitted he is stunned Leicester failed to cash in on the winger, who reportedly cost the club £350,000 when he signed from Le Havre in 2014. "But we must not forget that it was Leicester who put him on the right track", Madjer told Goal.
Putting aside claims that Philippe Coutinho exaggerated a back injury while last summer's transfer window was open, the way in which the Brazilian applied himself in the opening months of the campaign undoubtedly helped him eventually earn his dream move to Barcelona last month, while Liverpool can be grateful his efforts ensured they received as much money as possible in return.
"The idea that this is a cultural thing, that he's a footballer and it's of human interest - we all have to deal with adversity, we all have to deal with situations where we can't get what we want". You can see the problems with both sides. We are ready to act if we are called in. We can only do our best.
The Cityzens famously failed to match the Foxes' steep evaluation of the Algerian playmaker, and it is now understood Pep Guardiola's side even attempted to secure the 26 year old's services by offering up Yaya Toure, as well as the now Everton loanee Eliaquim Mangala as part of the deal. My preoccupation is about my available players and to keep them in a positive attitude and to continue this good work.
- Glaxosmithkline Plc (GSK.L) Lower -6.56% Over the Last Month — Stock Focus
- Cris Cyborg-Yana Kunitskaya to headline UFC 222
- South Africa vs India: Third ODI squads, preview, and predictions
- Russians challenge IOC over Olympic snub
- United Kingdom toddler killer admits having child abuse images
- 999 militants 'neutralized' in Turkey's Afrin operation, military claims
- USA busts $530 million Infraud cybercrime ring
- Erdogan says USA has 'calculations' against Turkey, Iran, Russia in Syria
- Don't pray for Kim Jong-Un's demise say Christians in North Korea
- Breaking Silence on Market Moves, Trump Laments Selling on 'Good News'