Allardyce said: "We've got £20 million Theo Walcott and £30m Yannick Bolasie, and if you'd put him (Lookman) out there he wouldn't have done any better than the rest because the whole team played crap".
The Gunners have always been lacking something that meant they couldn't impose themselves on most of the big games they've played this season, they've just been below that elite rung due to some inadequacies they possess both, in attack and in defence.
"Of course, I was really happy", he said. I feel the quality of his movement was excellent.
The game may have included a hat-trick from Aaron Ramsey and a treble of assists from Mkhitaryan, but it was the new striker's debut goal which attracted the most attention, but he insists it will be the first of many.
"We set out to play like [Swansea], but unfortunately Swansea played at the top of their game and we played at the bottom of our game, which is to say that any tactics and any system you pick is absolutely worthless if your players don't play to their best".
"We're still not going to be a great team that scores a lot of goals".
Ramsey then completed the rout as well as his hat-trick in the 74th minute, when Everton woefully failed to clear the ball out wide and Mkhitaryan pounced and crossed to Ramsey who stroked the ball in.
Everton did manage to get a foothold of sorts in the contest 64 minutes in, with young forward Dominic Calvert-Lewin coming off the bench to reduce the arrears with his headed goal soon after being introduced.
"Overall, the two players integrated well into our game and they looked as if they had played for us forever", said Wenger. That quality of striker, on today's market, it's a very good price. We had to try show some pride and I thought we done that in the second half. "He looks much calmer".
As with the recent home win over Crystal Palace, the early goals kept on coming for the Gunners, as Ramsey scored his second with a long-range shot which deflected off Everton debutant Eliaquim Mangala.
- The Huawei Mate 10 Pro Is Already Available for US Preorders
- Paris attacks suspect tells court 'I put my trust in Allah'
- The Stock Market Has A Record Fall Monday
- House Intelligence Committee Votes To Release Rep. Schiff's Memo
- Actors playing royal couple in new Lifetime movie announced
- Trump asked Rosenstein if he was 'on my team'
- Why the stock market is selling off, explained
- Kenya blasted over opposition leader's court absence
- North Korea targets South with propaganda dropped from balloons
- Wikileaks founder Assange loses bid to have UK arrest warrant dropped