Then again, if the prop bet offered by BetOnline this weekend was available during Sunday afternoon's NFC Divisional showdown, a simple $100 bet would have netted him nearly the same amount had the Saints hung on. You'll always have last week.
"You don't have to force anything".
Go be Nick. As T-shirt themes, rallying cries or useful suggestions go, it likely would top anything dog-bone-related. The Vikings beat the Eagles 48-30 at Mall of America Field, which was an upset considering Minnesota entered the game with a 4-8-1 record, while Philadelphia was 8-5.
Who would have thought Foles' and Keenum's paths would become so intertwined.
Hearing about Minnesota's defense all week is extra motivation for Philadelphia, which is a home underdog for the second straight game.
As for Van Sloun, he says a little prayer can go a long way. He played as much of a role in the Eagles' resurgence as their defense. A week ago, he made news by promising to allow Foles to "rip it".
It certainly seemed so when New Orleans scored three touchdowns, aided by an ill-timed Case Keenum pass and a blocked punt. Officials also failed to mark off the 15-yard penalty on Diggs for throwing his helmet after the touchdown.
With the stakes raised Sunday, the tension should raise, too.
Vikings Head Coach Mike Zimmer said Friday in his press conference that Thielen is questionable for Sunday.
"It's pretty wild", Foles said Wednesday. "We know going into this game that whoever's defense plays better is going to win the game". Sometimes when you press, it becomes more hard. "He is tough and resilient".
"A Foles versus Keenum NFC Championship so good job to all you guys who predicted that", Keenum joked. "He does what he needs to do and he doesn't back down". This will be his sixth NFC Championship Game, and the first five were as a member of the Eagles' staff.
On Sunday, Vikings fans will also likely see a lot of dog masks in the stands in Philadelphia.
It might not have been how it was designed.
While both teams have endured injuries, they have enough talent to reach the Super Bowl. It goes beyond just the organization, your fan base feels it, there is a certain excitement. Losing Carson Wentz and Jason Peters didn't completely derail the team, unlike the Cowboys, who tank when a star player is out under coach Jason Garrett. "We're going to slide help over there", Pederson said.
So Nick will be Nick.
- Watch Aly Raisman's blistering statement at Larry Nassar's sentencing hearing
- Oklahoma City Thunder shut out of All-Star starting spots
- Markets Right Now: Tech, health care lead early stock gains
- Trump says Sen. Durbin misrepresented discussion
- It's Democrats' turn to fear the shutdown trap
- Rapper And ISIS Militant Deso Dogg Killed In Airstrike
- Cavs Insider Reveals 3 Players Cavs Are Offering for George Hill
- Senate Dems question legality of Trump work requirements
- Eden Hazard relieved as Chelsea scrape past Norwich in FA Cup replay
- White House Press Briefing on Potential Government Shutdown