However, the makers have now revealed the new release date as July 20, 2018, pushing it by two weeks.
The Shashank Khaitan directorial was originally slated to hit the screens on July 6 but will now release on July 20.
"Captioning his post, Karan wrote, "#6monthstoDHADAK #dhadak releasing 20th JULY 2018!
While "Dhadak" will mark Janhvi's foray into Bollywood, Ishaan is making his acting debut with Iranian filmmaker Majid Majidi's India-set movie "Beyond The Clouds".
The film was announced when Karan unveiled the poster of the movie on November 15.
Sairat, starring Rinku Rajguru and Akash Thosar, is also being seperately remade into Kannada, Punjabi, Malayalam and Tamil. Today, we are about to extend our family. What's the name of the film?
Dhadak which is based in Rajasthan will portray the love story between a lower caste boy and an upper caste girl. The film created waves at the Box Office and struck an emotional chord with the audience.
The film which is the Hindi adaption of Marathi blockbuster "Sairat" is being produced by Dharma productions and Zee Studios.
- I am not a racist, says Donald Trump
- UFC 220: Miocic vs. Ngannou Results
- Justice Department to Appeal Ruling That Blocked DACA Shut Down
- 'Rogue ship' interrupts launch of Rocket Lab's Electron rocket
- New trailer revealed for Call of Duty: WWII Resistance Community Event
- International Olympic Committee decides on pool of clean Russian athletes for PyeongChang 2018
- Recommendation Trends for Investors: Paychex, Inc. (PAYX), NXP Semiconductors NV (NXPI)
- USA lawmakers scramble to avert government shutdown
- Dimitrov happy to scrap ahead at Aust Open
- National Football League admits it botched Super Bowl ad that angered Eagles