The family said in a statement that a relative shot Ahmed Barhoum dead Friday but did not say which family member pulled the trigger.
A Palestinian family in the Gaza Strip said it has killed a relative who allegedly helped Israel track down and kill three senior Hamas militants, including one of the man's own kinsmen. This, the statement said, guided an Israeli airstrike during the 2014 Gaza war that targeted the Hamas militants.
"We carried out the punishment against our son Ahmad Said Barhoum after having been assured without a shadow of a doubt that he was implicated in the assassination of the terrorists, the family said in a statement".
As construction progresses, Israeli military expects to find and destroy several more attack tunnels that enter Israel from Gaza.
Members of Israeli armed forces patrol through the streets of the West Bank city of Jenin
Hamas has executed dozens of Palestinians since seizing Gaza in 2007.
Israel withdrew soldiers and settlers from Gaza in 2005, leading to a Hamas takeover two years later, but it continues to expand settlements in the occupied West Bank.
Relations between Israel and the Palestinians has been particularly tense over the past month after US President Donald Trump announced he was moving the country's embassy to Jerusalem - a de facto acknowledgement of the city as Israel's capital.
Three Palestinian youths were wounded in the Jenin Refugee Camp during clashes broke out Thursday morning with the Israeli occupation forces, a Palestinian source said.
- Out-of-Control Fire Burning In The Royal National Park
- Germany halts further arms exports to parties in Yemen war
- Angelique Kerber beats Maria Sharapova to reach Australian Open fourth round
- I am not a racist, says Donald Trump
- Ishaan Khatter, Janhvi Kapoor's Film Gets New Release Date — Dhadak New Poster
- Take the mental test Trump just aced
- Democrats holding citizens hostage: Donald Trump administration on USA shutdown
- Trump Is Now Claiming He Wants Immigrants To Come In From "Everywhere"
- Graham: 'My Memory Hasn't Evolved' Regarding Trump 'Sh*thole' Meeting
- A short history of U.S. government shutdowns