Now 19 points behind La Liga leaders Barcelona, Madrid and Zidane will be looking to re-sharpen their focus as they look to salvage their season in the cup competitions.
The Welshman is said to be happy with life in Spain, but may not have much of a choice if Real want to cash in on him.
Manchester United have opened talks with goalkeeper David de Gea over a new long-term contract to ward off interest from Real Madrid.
Calcio Mercato reported yesterday that United are ready to finalise the Sanchez deal, and Marca also confirmed that an agreement has been made with the player.
Mourinho is for Ronaldo's return to Manchester United
It is believed that Sanchez will earn €16 million-a-year, and will wear Ronaldo's no.7 shirt upon signing.
According to the Daily Star, the Red Devils have just about finalised the Chilean's move to Old Trafford, while Henrikh Mkhitaryan is expected to move to Arsenal. Axel Tuanzebe could be allowed to leave on loan.
Per AS, "the passage of time has smoothed over any differences", which will be crucial if Ronaldo is to make a dramatic return to United and work under Mourinho again. Of course there's the chance of him heading to China or the USA if someone will pay his massive wages.
For now though Ronaldo will have to stay put, poor guy!
- Zacks Investment Management Raises Stake in Old Republic International Corporation (ORI)
- Turpin parents plead not guilty to child torture
- Stock Price Analysis of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. (AMD)
- House passes bill to keep government open
- Enterprise Products Partners (EPD) Rating Reiterated by Royal Bank of Canada
- Florida High-Speed Train Kills Bicyclist, 4th Death So Far
- Canada, US Co-Host Summit on North Korea
- Dolly Parton earns two Guinness World Records day before 72nd birthday
- Schlumberger (SLB) Announces Quarterly Earnings Results
- Michael Douglas sexual harassment allegations detailed