In the Parisian club's recent outing, an 8-0 rout of Dijon at home, Neymar bagged four of those goals and subsequently became the second Ligue 1 player in history after compatriot Carlos Eduardo, then of Nice, to receive a ideal "10" rating by the esteemed publication L'Équipe.
But that romp was overshadowed by another on-pitch row with team-mate Neymar.
The Uruguayan headed in PSG's third goal of the night to draw level with the club's record goalscorer Zlatan Ibrahimovic on 156 in all competitions.
The Uruguay worldwide then had the chance to claim the record for himself after his side won a penalty, although Neymar, who had already scored a hat-trick in the game, took kicking duties to convert from the spot.
"I think Neymar took the penalty because it was also a good day for him", Emery said. "He scores all the time, there are still a lot of games to play this year, he will beat all records".
The world's most expensive player took the penalty himself and found the net, but was met with boos from the PSG fans for failing to stand aside and allow Cavani to shoulder the responsibility. The team is better with Neymar.
The PSG star had even more reason to enjoy his time off at the event as his performance against Dijon saw him become only the second player in Ligue 1 history to earn a flawless 10 rating from L'Equipe.
Neymar has made 23 appearances for PSG so far this season, scoring 24 goals and assisting 16 further strikes.
- Choosing Between Hot Stocks: The Southern Company (SO), DENTSPLY SIRONA Inc. (XRAY)
- Automatic Data Processing (NASDAQ:ADP) VP Donald Weinstein Sells 2275 Shares
- Gael Monfils complains of heat-stroke in Novak Djokovic loss
- Lindsey Graham: Trump staff 'irrational' about immigration
- Plains All American Pipeline (NYSE:PAA) Coverage Initiated at Credit Suisse Group
- Trump's New Plans for Iran Deal
- Baltimore Mayor Fires Police Chief Amid Record Homicides
- House Passes Government Funding Bill; Senate Delays
- Chevron Corporation (CVX) : Looking for stock with Analysts Rating?
- PUBG Will Ban 100000 Cheaters in One Wave