Send me an invite for Bejeweled Clash of Candy Farms or whatever and you'll get yourself unfriended quicker than you can say "Zuckerberg".
The organisation announced that the CSGO Pro League and ESL One circuit will be streamed exclusively on Facebook and through; a move that may disappoint those who have gotten used to watching their esports on Twitch.
"It's a tremendous streaming platform, but it's obviously a social and engagement platform".
Upcoming ESL One events include ESL One Katowice 2018 (For Dota 2) and ESL One Cologne 2018 (for Counter-Strike: Global Offensive).
There is also the possibility of the content reaching a much wider audience thanks to Facebook's 2 billion active monthly users. With it, Facebook has not only introduced a structured platform for video distribution, but also implemented technological upgrades that esports audiences have grown to expect, such as streaming in 1080p/60fps and VR.
On top of streaming CS:GO Pro League and ESL One tournaments, ESL are also going to be making a weekly five-minute show about the Dota community on Facebook Watch, a service that is now only available in the United States - if you try to go to the generic Facebook Watch page from elsewhere in the world, you'll be met with a message saying the content is not available. The broadcasts will be available at facebook.com/ESLProLeagueCSGO.
ESL tournaments broadcast on Facebook Watch will be available in multiple languages, including English, Portuguese and more.
The news wasn't taken very well on Facebook either. Watching Facebook streams does not require a Facebook account so that is of no concern. Starting February 13th, the beginning of its seventh season, it'll be streamed exclusively on Facebook, along with the ESL One Dota 2and CS:GO tournament series. However, it wasn't until the establishment of the Facebook Watch feature in late 2017 that ESL figured the switch was worth it.
The ESL content on Facebook will not be exclusively CS:GO.
- Apple Looking Into Making Smaller iPhone 'Notch' Area
- Households´ spending returns to pre-economic downturn levels
- South Africa to formally protest Trump's 'shithole countries' remarks
- Keith Wood feels Grobler shouldn't play for Munster
- Human Rights Watch says Trump era encourages world dictators
- Three Australians arrested in Serbia over alleged massive drug deal
- Institutional Investors Are Crazy For Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings LTD (NASDAQ:NCLH)
- Lookout for Price Target? Archer-Daniels-Midland Company (ADM), DDR Corp. (DDR)
- Rio Tinto (RIO) Given a GBX 4200 Price Target at S&P Global
- Bitcoin plunges below $10000 following uncertainty in South Korea