The online retailer announced Wednesday that it has narrowed its list of possible locations to 20 metropolitan areas. It is estimated that the headquarters could bring as many as 50,000 new jobs. They are: Toronto, Columbus, Indianapolis, Chicago, Denver, Nashville, Los Angeles, Dallas, Austin, Boston, New York City, Newark, Pittsburgh, Philadelphia, Montgomery County Maryland, Washington, D.C., Raleigh, Northern Virginia, Atlanta, and Miami.
Toronto Global, the city's economic agency, also made the point that Amazon could save $1.5 billion a year on talent compared to the U.S., meaning that the company could save $15 billion over 10 years.
Asked if economic incentives were back on the table to land Amazon, Del Duca said the province will continue to push its skilled workforce as the top selling point.
Among the cities that did not make the final list are Irvine and San Diego.
The extra space will help the rapidly-growing Amazon, which It had almost 542,000 employees at the end of September, a 77 per cent jump from the year before.
AEDC has negotiated some massive tax breaks to lure big-name companies before, namely roughly $300 million in tax breaks for the Gaylord Rockies Hotel and Conference Center.
The Seattle-based company has announced that it will spend $5 billion to build a second heaquarters that will employ 5,000 people.
Amazon HQ2 will be a complete headquarters for Amazon, not a satellite office, according to the company.
Amazon's first-round request for proposals in September set off a national - international, even - frenzy of bids from 238 municipalities.
Two proposals to bring a new Amazon headquarters to ME have been ruled out, according to the company.
- WADA Informant to Testify Next Week at Banned Russian Athletes' Hearing
- Viral Video Prompts Voter Fraud Investigation of Alabama Senate Election
- Farm bill on top of US Congress' 'to-do' list
- Tide Pod Challenge: YouTube, Facebook pull videos that they call 'dangerous'
- FY2016 Earnings Estimate for Cabot Oil & Gas Corporation (COG) Issued By KeyCorp
- Activision Blizzard, Inc. (ATVI) - EPS Growth Analysis
- Bruins pay tribute to Julien before ruining Montreal coach's return
- Trump slams Clinton during surprise visit at White House women's event
- White House doctor gives Trump clean bill of health
- How an immigrant to Canada helped Donald Trump prove his mental health