Italian media outlet Sky Sports Italia report news that somewhat contradict previous reports coming from the United Kingdom that Premier League outfit Liverpool are only interested in a definite sale of English global attacker Daniel Sturridge to Inter.
Inter are not the only continental club chasing the England worldwide as it is understood Sevilla are also considering signing the striker from Liverpool in the winter window.
Sturridge has reportedly told Liverpool that he wants to leave the club after five years at Anfield.
According to the BBC, Luciano Spalletti's Inter are keen on an initial loan deal and are unsure whether or not to make an approach for a permanent transfer. However, he is finding it next to impossible win back a place in Jurgen Klopp's attack which consists of Mohamed Salah, Sadio Mané and Roberto Firmino.
He hasn't been able to play more than 20 Premier League games since his first full season at Anfield when he scored 22 goals and nearly helped lead Liverpool to their first title alongside Luis Suarez since 1990.
But they see Sturridge as a viable option if the talks with the out of favour Chelsea player fall through. However, since then, he has scored only 28 goals.
Defending In Numbers is a new Deezer Originals football podcast.
- International Monetary Fund lowers growth forecast for British economy amid Brexit
- Josh Hazlewood ruled out of Gabba ODI due to viral infection
- England thump Bangladesh to reach quarter finals
- Holiday Bowl Starting QB Found Dead
- British Royal Navy escorted Russian warship near United Kingdom waters
- The Trump Administration Just Blocked Haitians From Applying for Temporary Work Visas
- Cleveland not on list of 20 finalists for Amazon's HQ2 project
- Bruce McCandless, first astronaut to fly freely in space, dies at 80
- Peru's Fujimori Asks for Forgiveness
- Bordeaux president provides big update on Arsenal's £40m deal for Malcom