Italian media outlet Sky Sports Italia report news that somewhat contradict previous reports coming from the United Kingdom that Premier League outfit Liverpool are only interested in a definite sale of English global attacker Daniel Sturridge to Inter.
Inter are not the only continental club chasing the England worldwide as it is understood Sevilla are also considering signing the striker from Liverpool in the winter window.
Sturridge has reportedly told Liverpool that he wants to leave the club after five years at Anfield.
According to the BBC, Luciano Spalletti's Inter are keen on an initial loan deal and are unsure whether or not to make an approach for a permanent transfer. However, he is finding it next to impossible win back a place in Jurgen Klopp's attack which consists of Mohamed Salah, Sadio Mané and Roberto Firmino.
He hasn't been able to play more than 20 Premier League games since his first full season at Anfield when he scored 22 goals and nearly helped lead Liverpool to their first title alongside Luis Suarez since 1990.
But they see Sturridge as a viable option if the talks with the out of favour Chelsea player fall through. However, since then, he has scored only 28 goals.
Defending In Numbers is a new Deezer Originals football podcast.
- British Royal Navy escorted Russian warship near United Kingdom waters
- The Trump Administration Just Blocked Haitians From Applying for Temporary Work Visas
- Instagram 'Type' Format Will Help You Jazz Up Stories
- Holiday Bowl Starting QB Found Dead
- Alberto Fujimori Speaks From Hospital After Pardon
- Mark Hamill Admits He Didn't Like His Character In "The Last Jedi"
- Josh Hazlewood ruled out of Gabba ODI due to viral infection
- Investors Buy Time Warner (TWX) on Weakness
- International Monetary Fund lowers growth forecast for British economy amid Brexit
- Jaguars clinch division title despite disappointing loss to surging 49ers