Meanwhile, Instagram recently made its Stories feature a little more accessible for those who don't have the Instagram app on their phone. We're particularly fond of Neon and typewriter and we can't wait to see how users make the most out of these new features. So far, users had to double tap and hold on their screen to create a solid colour background and then they only had one font type to use for their messages.
After Instagram crushed Snapchat - seriously, pounded the app into the ground - previous year with its own disappearing Stories feature, the Facebook-owned app is now secretly testing a new "Type" feature that'll let users share text-based clips instead of photos or videos. This feature is said to be under testing and that it will be rolled out to all the users globally in the coming weeks.
The new Type feature appears as an option next to existing enhancements like Boomerang, Superzoom, and Rewind. The report points out that Instagram is testing another feature called "screenshot notifications". Also, it remains unclear if Instagram plans to roll this out to all of its users in the near future. The first time you take a screenshot while watching a Story, you'll get a pass: Instagram will send you a notification, warning that "the next time you take a screenshot of a Story, the person who posted it will be notified". Given that Instagram isn't exactly used for instant messaging, we're not sure how useful the feature might be. Now, like Snapchat, the feature will be expanded to public stories as well.
In a global test, Instagram is letting select users post their Stories directly to their WhatsApp account.
- GST Council meet today: Simplifying returns, reduction of rates on the cards
- NBA Predictions: Is total set too high for Warriors at Bulls? 1/17/18
- Cleveland not on list of 20 finalists for Amazon's HQ2 project
- Alberto Fujimori Speaks From Hospital After Pardon
- British Royal Navy escorted Russian warship near United Kingdom waters
- 'Very strong' Democratic sentiment to oppose GOP budget bill
- Josh Hazlewood ruled out of Gabba ODI due to viral infection
- Investors Buy Time Warner (TWX) on Weakness
- Bruce McCandless, first astronaut to fly freely in space, dies at 80
- Kamal Haasan to annnounce name of his political party on Feb 21