However, Canada were in with a chance of keeping their hopes alive and had everything to play for.
Namibia made a decision to bat first and though their top five all got starts, none could carry on.
After new-ball bowler Dillon Pennington trapped Pinak Ghosh in front of the wickets, Ethan Bamber took the important wickets of Mohammad Naim, Hassan and Tawhidul Alam as Bangladesh were reduced to 27 for four by the ninth over.
A 51-run partnership between Eben van Wyk and Erich van Mollendorff helped Namibia rebuild, but both succumbed to spin within three overs of each other.
Nevertheless, from 151/3, they slumped to 193 all out in a space of 12 overs.
Canada remained in contention for a place in the Super League quarterfinals from Group C when they defeated Namibia by four wickets at the Bert Sutcliffe Oval in Christchurch. Canada's captain Arslan Khan scored 64 against Bangladesh in a loosing cause. The Canadians stumbled at the finishing line and lost three quick wickets, however, they got over the finishing line.
To do so, they will need to upset England by a decent margin in the final group match in Queenstown on Saturday.
Canada 197/6 in 42 overs; Arslan Khan 72, Akash Gill 52; Petrus Burger 2/29, Shaun Fouche 2/34. Both teams have won their last game comprehensively. Afif, eventually top-scored with a maturely-compiled knock of 63 runs off 85 balls.
Seamer Ethan Bamber (3-19) and spinner Euan Woods (3-26) did the damage as Bangladesh were dismissed for 175 in the 50th over. Bangladesh could never recover thereafter as they huffed and puffed to 175 all out. From there, the batsmen started to attack, reaching the target in only 29.3 overs. England captain, Harry Brook was unbeaten on 59 and picked up 2 wickets against Namibia. The unbeaten fourth-wicket stand between the duo was worth 128 runs. Meanwhile, the massive triumph enhanced their net run rate which has more or less ensured their qualification for the quarter-finals.
- Kamal Haasan to annnounce name of his political party on Feb 21
- EC announces assembly election dates for Tripura, Meghalaya and Nagaland
- Jaguars clinch division title despite disappointing loss to surging 49ers
- Holiday Bowl Starting QB Found Dead
- Peru's Fujimori Asks for Forgiveness
- 'Very strong' Democratic sentiment to oppose GOP budget bill
- British Royal Navy escorted Russian warship near United Kingdom waters
- Fastenal (FAST) Stock Rating Reaffirmed by Robert W. Baird
- Australian Open 2018: Djokovic Beats Monfils In 'Brutal' Melbourne Heat
- Boko Haram Suspects Released