Arsenal have never lost to Bournemouth in their six meetings but know they'll have a challenge on their hands here, just like they experienced on the South Coast a year ago where they fought from 3-0 down to draw 3-3; the only time they've battled back from that deficit in a Premier League match.
And they look nearly certain to lose Sanchez this month, with Wenger admitting the 29-year-old was left out of the trip to Dean Court over his unresolved future.
Arsenal will have to pay £60 million for the 28-year-old, but it's believed adding Olivier Giroud into the deal would offset around £25 million of that fee. "That is why I made a decision to focus on the game". As Wenger has insisted on making clear, they're competing on a different level both financially and in a football sense: if the Chilean returns to Pep Guardiola then it will weaken Arsenal, but in reality not beef up those they're in direct competition with.
Sanchez had looked certain to join City and enjoy a reunion with Pep Guardiola, the manager under whom he played for one season at Barcelona.
"Will he go or not, I don't know, but at the moment it's the transfer period".
Asked before the game if he expected Sanchez's future to be determined imminently, he said: "Yes".
"If Liverpool want you to work for them tomorrow, you'd go. It's a matter of split seconds, but I think I should have done better on that".
"I don't rule it out - at the back, in midfield or upfront", he said.
"We haven't created enough with the possession we had". It was very disappointing today.
What we are seeing with Alexis Sanchez and Mesut Ozil is that top players no longer view Arsenal as an attractive prospect, a place where they can become champions.
Eddie Howe hailed Bournemouth's resolve in turning the game around as the Cherries climbed to 13th in the table.
- Holiday Bowl Starting QB Found Dead
- Kamal Haasan to annnounce name of his political party on Feb 21
- GST Council meet today: Simplifying returns, reduction of rates on the cards
- Jaguars clinch division title despite disappointing loss to surging 49ers
- Teen swimmers rescued with help of drone in Australia
- Australian Open 2018: Djokovic Beats Monfils In 'Brutal' Melbourne Heat
- Alberto Fujimori Speaks From Hospital After Pardon
- Peru's Fujimori Asks for Forgiveness
- What about the memory test Trump aced? It's not for everyone
- Elections Coming in Italy