As much as it may make people uncomfortable, Moore said, the nation must begin talking about the inequalities around race and gender if we wish to see a change.
Bells rang out around the nation at 10 a.m. on Monday in observance of Martin Luther King Jr. Day.
Mr King's comments come days after Mr Trump reportedly denounced immigration from "s***hole" African countries, a move which triggered widespread condemnation across the world.
Moore said Martin Luther King Jr.
"It is, in fact, an opportunity to hold a mirror to ourselves as a chance to consider King's legacy in our daily lives", he said.
Pastor Samuel Allen says, "The waitress wasn't treating us correctly and one of the things, it's so easy when someone's not treating you correctly because of the color of your skin". Day was used to slam Trump at various protests tagged: "Rally against Trump" in several cities in the USA on Monday, the official Federal holiday in the U.S.to honour King.
He, as well as other city leaders and prominent members of the community, were in attendance.
"If we don't get no justice, they don't get no peace", activists chanted.
"He stood for so many wonderful principles that we must never let die", said Sanguinetti. This day means more today than it ever has.
King was a civil rights hero and preacher familiar with the importance of the gift of song as it relates to moving people to action. His and Martin Luther King Jr.'s beliefs had many differences but both were driving forces of the movement.
First-time singer and performer of the festival and a native of Tallahassee, Royce Lovett spoke with passion about how MLK day resonates with his life. "And I thought, both", Robinson said.
After the cancelation of her Netflix show in October, Handler announced that she would be spending more time focusing on political activism.
The volunteers also took part in a cleanup at the park.
- Tide Pod Challenge: YouTube, Facebook pull videos that they call 'dangerous'
- FY2016 Earnings Estimate for Cabot Oil & Gas Corporation (COG) Issued By KeyCorp
- Neymar scores four goals in PSG's win vs. Dijon, gets booed
- At least 10 deaths from snow, ice and record cold in South
- Century after deadly pandemic, science takes best shot at flu
- Philly, Pittsburgh on Amazon's short list for 2nd headquarters
- Storm kills three in the Netherlands, two in Germany
- Viral Video Prompts Voter Fraud Investigation of Alabama Senate Election
- Carillion directors' bonus payments stopped amid anger over firm's collapse
- Alcoa Corp (AA) Revenue Rises, Misses Expectations