Lockhart ISD also canceled Tuesday classes.
WINTER STORM WATCH for areas well north and west of Providence late Tuesday night into Wednesday afternoon.
The snow storm has already brought in up to 9 inches of storm in some parts of western Kentucky, and up to a half foot of snow in Arkansas, with snowy road conditions also reported in both Memphis and Nashville, Tennessee, according to the Weather Channel's latest forecast.
"A pleasant surprise to wake up to", he wrote with a video of the snow that he posted on Instagram.
"There are enough uncertainties in the forecast right now that the potential exists that this winter storm could be debilitating to the state for a couple of days due to icy conditions", said Brian Hastings, director of Alabama Emergency Management Agency, in a statement.
Parts of Arkansas received 6 inches, while parts of Tennessee received 7 inches of snow. Most locations in the warning can expect around four to six inches of snow, particularly northwest of I-495.
In Atlanta, it was supposed to be 16 degrees for the low Wednesday but winds were going to be 15 miles per hour or stronger, making for a wind chill of zero.City offices were shuttered for Wednesday and Georgia Gov. Nathan Deal declared a state of emergency for 83 counties in the northern and central sections of the state.
Freezing rain fell in the San Antonio and Austin areas of Texas.
Southern Texas and Louisiana could see less than a quarter inch of ice, according to CNN Weather. But it's expected to remain light with about one to two inches, according to CNN Weather.
The City of Lockhart rescheduled its Tuesday night city council meeting for 6:30 p.m. Thursday at the public library. The wintry weather, which could cause hazardous travel conditions, will last through Wednesday, according to the National Weather Service.
Winter Storm Inga is expected to bring a combination of snowy and icy conditions throughout several Southern States on Tuesday, carrying snow and temperatures the National Weather Service refers to as "well below normal" into Kentucky, Tennessee, northern Alabama, northern MS, southern Arkansas, northern Louisiana, and Texas.
- Sharapova wins on return to Australian Open
- IDX floor collapse: Malaysian students safe, to return today
- The Factor Everyone Ignores: Bristol-Myers Squibb Company (BMY), MetLife, Inc. (MET)
- The US to Pile More Pressure against North Korea
- The Echo Spot is Coming to the UK Next Week
- Caroline Wozniacki pulls off miracle comeback
- Kicking referee stood down, red card rescinded
- Prince Harry & Meghan Markle TV Movie Set At Lifetime
- AFC Title Game: Jacksonville Jaguars at New England Patriots
- Greitens focused on moving forward after affair