The design of this years iPhone X is expected remain very similar to last years model, we are expecting to see three new iPhones this year, two with OLED displays and one with an LCD display. According to industries, it is heard that Apple is planning to strengthen face sensing function starting from 2019 models. It's the top notch that packs in an infrared camera, dot projector and flood illuminator, all to recognise faces - so how will Apple ditch it all? It means this year's phones will keep the same notch. If it happens, it will dramatically reduce the number of sensors placed in the notch, giving Apple an opportunity to make the bezels slimmer. It appears that Apple is working on this for its 2019 iPhone. The RGB camera is not part of the Face ID setup.
IPhone X now has dedicated sensors including an infrared camera for Face ID alongside a standard RGB camera that isn't actually used for facial recognition. According to the report, Apple could combine the Face ID sensors and the RGB camera into a single module to shrink the size of the notch. But when it came to market, it did not makes it's place in the market, as was expected by Apple. For instance, Apple uses the screen space on either side of the notch to show status bar items such as time, network strength, battery, etc. LG Innotek, the company that makes face recogition modules for the iPhone X, has announced an $821 million investment into its production facilities.
It is not exactly clear how Apple will be able to combine its facial recogntion technology and the front camera on the iPhone into one module. The Korean company said the money is going to "camera modules of mobile devices and businesses for new modules".
- Worth Watching Stocks: Devon Energy Corporation (DVN), Annaly Capital Management, Inc. (NLY)
- Will Ferrell crashed Roger Federer's Australian Open interview with some hard-hitting questions
- Roger Federer admits he expects tougher 2018 after routine Australian Open win
- GKN trustees say hostile bid must include pension deficit
- Juno Therapeutics, Inc. (JUNO) Given Average Rating of "Buy" by Brokerages
- Demonetised notes worth Rs 100-cr seized in Kanpur, 16 detained
- The Factor Everyone Ignores: Bristol-Myers Squibb Company (BMY), MetLife, Inc. (MET)
- Political leader dumps girlfriend over 'racist' texts against Meghan Markle
- The US to Pile More Pressure against North Korea
- USA prepares for wintry mix of snow and ice