That's only slightly up on the $73,515 starting price of the 2017 model.
"When we think of the exacting standards of the most discerning Indian auto owners, we are confident the new LS will impress and delight - through its design, its performance, and the efficiency of the world's first multi stage hybrid system", N Raja, Chairman, Lexus India, said.
As you can see, it has a new design as well.
The standard powertrain in the 2018 LS is a 3.5-liter twin-turbocharged V-6 producing 415 horsepower and 442 pound-feet of torque.
Under the hood, the vehicle gets a 3.5L V6 petrol engine and two electronic motors that puts out a total power of 354hp.
According to Lexus, the world's first multi-stage hybrid system offers exhilarating performance and greater efficiency with flawless amalgamation of the electric motor and a simulated 10-speed automatic transmission that enables precise shifts. The hybrid system runs on lithium-ion batteries and has a multi-stage unit which optimises power and efficiency.
The intricately designed cabin has a "Takumi" (master craftsman) level of craftsmanship. The interior ambient lighting is inspired by Japanese lanterns while the Shimamoku-inspired wood patterns feature bold contrasts between light and dark, giving the wood a more vibrant appearance. Just some of the luxuries on offer include one of the largest color head-up displays in the segment, active steering that can avoid a pedestrian ahead, and even a special access mode that lowers the auto and opens up the seat bolsters for easy ingress. One step above is the newly available Lexus Safety System+ A that adds Pedestrian Alert, Active Steering Assist, Front Cross Traffic Alert (FCTA), Road Sign Assist (RSA), Lane Departure Alert with road edge detection and Lexus CoDrive, which bundles Lane Trace Assist and All-Speed Dynamic Radar Cruise Control (DRCC) together.
The rear seat passengers can recline the backrest by up to 48 degrees and there's also an option of an extended footrest.
Executive Package - Butterfly power-retractable front headrests, 22-way power rear seats with butterfly headrests, memory and multifunction massage with heat.
Also confirmed to be offered is Kiriko cut glass trim and hand-pleated fabric on the doors, which would certainly enhance what already looks to be a very classy place to be in.
- Roger Federer beats Aljaz Bedene to reach second round of Australian Open
- Cherokee Nation honors MLK while dealing with slavery issue
- Ferrero buys Nestle' US candy business (3)
- 10-Year-Old New Canaan Boy Died Suddenly Over the Weekend: Superintendent
- Germany's Christian Democrats approve coalition deal
- Bitcoin and Ethereum Price Forecast - BTC Prices Fall on South Korea Fears
- UnitedHealth Group Incorporated (NASDAQ:UNH) To Report Earnings
- Takeaways from Coach Sean Payton's end of season press conference
- Man City End Pursuit Of Alexis Sanchez
- Former Giants coach Ben McAdoo interviewing to be Browns offensive coordinator