That said, Paul still appears to be repped by his agency, CAA, and his multi-channel network, Studio 71, according to Variety, and TMZ reports that he will be keeping his role in a Jeffrey Reddick-directed horror film entitled Superstition: The Rule of 3's-for now. The video was taken down following a slew of complaints from viewers and celebrities, but it was more than a week before further action was taken by YouTube.
Paul came under heavy scrutiny on New Year's Eve, when he posted a video titled "We found a dead body in the Japanese suicide forest". "Additionally, we will not feature Logan in Season 4 of "Foursome" and his new originals are on hold". "Logan Paul's previously announced project with Blackpills is no longer in development, and Blackpills will not be pursuing it at any time in the future", the production company and app told Variety in a statement. "We know that the actions of one creator can affect the entire community, so we'll have more to share soon on steps we're taking to ensure a video like this is never circulated again", read the open letter.
Google has made a decision to step up its monitoring process and will reportedly start vetting YouTube channels more strictly from now on. All of the original content Paul was developing with YouTube Red has also been indefinitely stalled. Paul is one of the platform's biggest stars, with Forbes magazine estimating he earned US$12.5 million past year. The move is said to be a part of Google Preferred, a premium advertising programme.
"It's insane - the haters think they're having an effect on us, and if the haters knew how much love was out there and how much support was out there, they'd shut their freakin' mouths", he said in an Instagram video.
YouTube said the images violated its policies.
On the other hand, any strict policing from YouTube over the content uploaded will certainly lead to discontent amongst thousands of prominent content creators.
- Valero Energy Co. (VLO) CFO Sells 45657 Shares of Stock
- ACG Wealth Reduces Stake in Philip Morris International Inc. (PM)
- Ventura County flu deaths rise again; public health officials urge vaccination
- Hillary Clinton calls Trump's views "ignorant" and "racist" after president's "sh*thole" comment
- Hard Brexit might endanger 14000 jobs in German vehicle industry
- Premier League matchweek 23: Staff picks and predictions
- Apple releases iOS 11.2.5 beta 3 and more to developers
- Cenovus Energy Inc. (NYSE: CVE) - Important Factors to Analyse A Good Investment
- Weight Watchers International Sees Unusually High Options Volume (WTW)
- Jaffetilchin Investment Partners LLC Purchases New Stake in Cummins Inc. (CMI)