That said, Paul still appears to be repped by his agency, CAA, and his multi-channel network, Studio 71, according to Variety, and TMZ reports that he will be keeping his role in a Jeffrey Reddick-directed horror film entitled Superstition: The Rule of 3's-for now. The video was taken down following a slew of complaints from viewers and celebrities, but it was more than a week before further action was taken by YouTube.
Paul came under heavy scrutiny on New Year's Eve, when he posted a video titled "We found a dead body in the Japanese suicide forest". "Additionally, we will not feature Logan in Season 4 of "Foursome" and his new originals are on hold". "Logan Paul's previously announced project with Blackpills is no longer in development, and Blackpills will not be pursuing it at any time in the future", the production company and app told Variety in a statement. "We know that the actions of one creator can affect the entire community, so we'll have more to share soon on steps we're taking to ensure a video like this is never circulated again", read the open letter.
Google has made a decision to step up its monitoring process and will reportedly start vetting YouTube channels more strictly from now on. All of the original content Paul was developing with YouTube Red has also been indefinitely stalled. Paul is one of the platform's biggest stars, with Forbes magazine estimating he earned US$12.5 million past year. The move is said to be a part of Google Preferred, a premium advertising programme.
"It's insane - the haters think they're having an effect on us, and if the haters knew how much love was out there and how much support was out there, they'd shut their freakin' mouths", he said in an Instagram video.
YouTube said the images violated its policies.
On the other hand, any strict policing from YouTube over the content uploaded will certainly lead to discontent amongst thousands of prominent content creators.
- Holder Bb&T Corp Has Lifted United Parcel (UPS) Position
- What's Ahead for GameStop Corp. (GME) After Forming Inverse H&S Chart Pattern?
- Kasey Kahne, Ricky Stenhouse Jr. on outside looking in at Chili Bowl
- Susquehanna International Group LLP Boosts Position in Teekay Tankers Ltd. (TNK)
- More than 40 People Remain Missing after the Mudslides in California
- 'No Hope' Of Finding Survivors From Burning Iranian Oil Tanker
- Nintendo France: EA to 'double down' on Switch this year
- ONEOK (OKE) - Research Analysts' Recent Ratings Changes
- Weight Watchers International Sees Unusually High Options Volume (WTW)
- 'The World Ends With You' Will Be Launching On The Nintendo Switch