The Gunners got off to a positive and hit the upright in the opening 10 minutes through Ainsley Maitland-Niles' powerful strike.
"The fans were flat so we needed to get them back in the game and a goal against a big team got them on their feet and then we added a second".
An Arsenal defence including Mustafi, Rob Holding and Calum Chambers did well against Chelsea in midweek but they always had the potential to look shaky and they did at times against Bournemouth. Referee Kevin Friend had a brilliant view but turned down strong appeals from those in red and black.
Watching on at Dean Court in his role as a Sky Sports analyst, Redknapp was offered a brutal assessment of Arsenal's second-half display.
Bournemouth were perhaps quite unfortunate not to be awarded a penalty before the break as Iwobi looked to have moved his arm towards the ball from a corner.
However, the home side rallied and Eddie Howe's men equalised in the 70th minute when Callum Wilson finished as Petr Cech needlessly raced out of goal.
Four minutes later the hosts found themselves in front.
Wilson made way for Benik Afobe with time running out as Bournemouth held on for three vital points to lift them to 13th and further away from the danger zone. It seems inevitable that Sanchez will depart this month, leaving the team without its game-changer and top scorer from last season.
The Gunners on the other hand were left effectively condemned in the sixth position, five points behind fifth placed Tottenham Hotspurs who secured a 4-0 emphatic win over Everton on Saturday.
- Jerusalem should be a shared capital: British FM
- Why Investors remained confident on Danaher Corporation (DHR), Cousins Properties Incorporated (CUZ)?
- UKIP leader's girlfriend suspended for racist comments about Meghan Markle
- Falcons Special Teams' Unit named MVP against Eagles
- Aston Villa boss Steve Bruce admits to huge injury blow
- Wenger: I'm Not Under Pressure To Leave Arsenal Before 2019
- Sub-zero wind chills forecast Sunday, Monday; snow possible Tuesday
- Arsene Wenger gives an update on the future of Alexis Sanchez
- Google Doodle Celebrates 92nd Birthday of Writer-Activist Mahasweta Devi
- Calm start to the weekend, but snow returns late Sunday