This is a weird story, but then again, the Vikings quarterback situation has been a weird thing all season long. It began as soon as Week 2 and has now continued all the way up to the day before the team's divisional round playoff matchup against the New Orleans Saints.
Bradford, who completed 27 of his 32 passes for 346 yards and three touchdowns in the Vikings' season-opening win over New Orleans, twisted his left knee in the game, and missed the team's next three games before making a truncated return on October 9 against the Bears.
Bradford, Bridgewater and Case Keenum are all scheduled to become free agents after the season, and Bradford's return to health during the playoffs could help his case if he hits the open market in March.
The Vikings waived tight end Kyle Carter to make room for Bradford.
Minnesota Vikings quarterback Sam Bradford is back on the 53-man roster ahead of Sunday's National Football League division round playoff against the New Orleans Saints. This specific aspect of the report is still unclear, but it definitely appears closer to becoming the truth with the quarterback's activation on Saturday.
With Bradford finally healthy, Teddy Bridgewater will fall to third on Minnesota's QB depth chart and will likely be inactive against New Orleans.
No statistical trends are going to affect Minnesota's current team, which has been maybe the most balanced unit of the entire conference, and Zimmer has been adamant in debunking the concerns of a Vikings "curse", but there's also a precedent for postseason slip-ups in the Midwest. Keeping Sloter around with this move is just another indication of how much the Vikings do not want the rookie getting scooped up by another team. Even among the 30 different teams that have suffered at least one "unexpected playoff loss", Minnesota ranks ahead of only three others, including the Detroit Lions and the Kansas City Chiefs, this year's Wild Card dud.
- Capital One issues apology, working to resolve duplicate card transactions issues
- Plane dangles off cliff after skidding off runway in Turkey
- CNN news host's emotional speech after Trump's alleged 's***hole' remarks
- Hamas member injured in Lebanon bomb blast
- Bigg Boss 11: Vikas Gupta gets eliminated from the show
- CES Loses Power For 2 Hours, Maybe Make Electronics For That?
- Is China halting US Treasury purchases?
- Raptors embarrass Cavs with 34-point drubbing
- Wenger: I'm Not Under Pressure To Leave Arsenal Before 2019
- Magic Johnson tweets support for Luke Walton after team's fourth straight win