The girlfriend of British politician Henry Bolton has been suspended from the Ukip party after she reportedly made racist comments about Prince Harry's fiancee, Meghan Markle.
Henry Bolton, 54, was already under pressure from his party to quit after it emerged that he had left his third wife and started a relationship with Jo Marney, a 25-year-old model.
According to the tabloid, Marney wrote messages to a friend complaining that Markle - an American actress of mixed race who is due to marry Harry in May - would "taint our royal family" with her "seed".
The newspaper also published an apology from Marney, who said her comments had been "taken out of context".
Bolton became Ukip leader in September but has been hit by scandal as he confirmed his relationship with Marney to party members earlier this month after splitting up with his wife.
UKIP chairman Paul Oakden said: "In light of messages that have been brought to my attention, I have taken the decision to immediately suspend her party membership pending an investigation".
The Ukip leader sent the message in reply to a young party member who urged him to publicly call for Ms Marney to have her membership removed.
Peter Whittle, UKIP's member of the London Assembly, also criticized the remarks, saying they were "disgraceful".
Meanwhile former Ukip leadership candidate Ben Walker called for Mr Bolton to resign, accusing him of having "deeply flawed judgement".
"This person should not just be suspended from @UKIP but expelled altogether", he said on Twitter.
She said: "The opinions I expressed were deliberately exaggerated in order to make a point and have, to an extent, been taken out of context. Yet I fully recognized the offense they have caused", she said.
The report of Marney's use of highly offensive language about people from different ethnic backgrounds comes as Bolton faces an investigation into his controversial private life by senior party officials.
During the shocking tirade, the glamour model claims she would never have sex with a "negro", and describes black people as "ugly".
Ukip's National Executive Committee is set to meet on Thursday to decide the party leader's fate.
- Donald Trump announces sale of non-existent fighter jet to Norway
- Ishant Sharma's Selection Over Bhuvneshwar Kumar For 2nd Test Leaves Millennials Baffled
- Hamas member injured in Lebanon bomb blast
- Raptors embarrass Cavs with 34-point drubbing
- CNN news host's emotional speech after Trump's alleged 's***hole' remarks
- Pacers Complete Comeback As Cavaliers Continue To Flounder
- Mairs & Power INC Has $18928000 Position in JP Morgan Chase & Co (JPM)
- President Trump's Africa, Haiti remark criticized locally
- Sub-zero wind chills forecast Sunday, Monday; snow possible Tuesday
- Norway's PM Makes Business Case of 'Green Economy' to Trump