Police accuse Z'inah Brown, a 16-year-old from Yonkers, of stabbing New Rochelle's Valeree Schwab, also 16, in a fight near the school that rumbled through several fast food restaurants before culminating at Dunkin' Donuts.
Schwab was stabbed in the left side and rushed to Jacobi Medical Center where she died. The school district released the following statement: "The City School District of New Rochelle is saddened by the incident on North Avenue today in which a New Rochelle High School student was stabbed".
Police say 16-year-old Z'inah Brown, of Yonkers, turned herself in Thursday afternoon.
NEW ROCHELLE, N.Y. (AP) A high school student has been arrested on murder charges in the fatal stabbing of another high school student at a Dunkin' Donuts in New Rochelle. She said nothing at her arraignment Thursday evening and is due back in court January 17.
The local news station reports a group of five or six Westchester County school students approached Schwab and her male companion.
At one point, authorities say Schwab used pepper spray against Brown. There will be grief counselors and social workers at the school Thursday to help students and staff.
Meanwhile, some New Rochelle High School students say their classmates should be careful who they associate with. 'This is a devastating loss for our school community, and our deepest condolences go out to Valaree's family and friends'. The New Rochelle Police Department, with cooperation from the District, investigated the alleged threat and determined it to be unfounded. "You have to watch who you hang around with out there".
- Bigg Boss 11: Vikas Gupta gets eliminated from the show
- Trump Tweets 'Such Respect' for Iranian People, Pledges US Support
- Wenger: I'm Not Under Pressure To Leave Arsenal Before 2019
- Saints preparing for division round match up with Minnesota
- Calm start to the weekend, but snow returns late Sunday
- Aston Villa boss Steve Bruce admits to huge injury blow
- Google Doodle Celebrates 92nd Birthday of Writer-Activist Mahasweta Devi
- Ctrip.Com International (CTRP) Research Coverage Started at Morgan Stanley
- Atlantic Trust Group LLC Boosts Stake in Blackstone Group LP (NYSE:BX)
- Without Sanchez, Arsenal loses 2-1 to Bournemouth in EPL