Seal added a sarcastic comment to the right of the photographs that seemed to suggest he thought Winfrey knew Weinstein was mistreating women. After sharing a meme featuring a photo of Oprah and disgraced movie mogul Harvey Weinstein, the singer has now issued an apology.
"Oh I forgot, that's right. you'd heard the rumours but you had no idea he was actually serially assaulting young stary-eyed (sic) actresses who in turn had no idea what they were getting into. Let's just say we've all heard things about each other, haven't we?"
Another person took to Twitter and shared photos of Seal with Kevin Spacey, who has also faced multiple allegations of sexual misconduct, and Seal's ex-wife and mother of his children, model Heidi Klum, posing with Weinstein.
As anyone probably could have predicted, going after Oprah on social media didn't end well for Seal.
Steven Spielberg is firmly on Team Oprah should she decide to run for president.
"I do love Oprah".
He then addressed Fox News: 'Don't try and use me as a pawn against Oprah, and in any of your political games'. "I don't think at this point she's actually considering it". "And I did run in 2012".
He continued, "To those of us who support the Me Too movement, just know this, not one of the women who have been sexually abused, not one of the women who have come forward has received any real justice whatsoever".
"They're the women whose names we'll never know", she told a room of celebrities wearing black in protest against gender inequality.
"She launched a rocket tonight". She starred in and produced movies that his company distributed, including The Butler and The Great Debaters.The presidential buzz followed Winfrey's impassioned call for "a brighter morning even in our darkest nights" at the USA awards' show in a speech that left some viewers contemplating the idea of the Democratic Party embracing a celebrity candidate of its own to challenge President Donald Trump in 2020.
Winfrey would certainly have her legion of backers, with reports saying the star was.
"She loves this country and would like to be of service in some way, but I don't think she's actively considering it at this time", King said, noting that she spoke to Winfrey at length the night before. "She wanted it to be a uniting speech".
- YouTube hasn't shut the door on working with Logan Paul
- Pep Guardiola breaks another Premier League record
- CAPROCK Group Inc. Has $9 Million Stake in Microsoft Co. (MSFT)
- McCaffery: Nick Foles helped give underdog Eagles some unexpected bite
- Steven Spielberg: If Oprah Winfrey runs for president, 'I will back her'
- Ventura County flu deaths rise again; public health officials urge vaccination
- Analysts See $1.14 EPS for CoreSite Realty (COR); Perkinelmer Has 1.31 Sentiment
- Oregon State women end Arizona State's win streak
- Plane skids off runway in northern Turkey
- Nexstar Media Group (NXST) Rating Lowered to Buy at BidaskClub