The plane touched the runway but then veered to the left, nosediving down the cliff before getting stuck in mud a few feet away from the sea.
Pegasus Airlines confirmed in a statement Sunday there were no injuries among the 162 passengers onboard as well as two pilots and four cabin crew after they were evacuated.
"We tilted to the side". Mr Yavuz said the cause of the accident was not yet known and the airport closed until 08:00 am local (05:00 GMT). "There was panic, people shouting, screaming", passenger Fatma Gordu was quoted as saying.
State-run Anadolu news agency said there was panic on board as the plane went out of control.
- Trump's plan to deport those who entered United States illegally as kids blocked
- Minnesota's Smith to join Senate after Franken's resignation
- Dark Souls Remastered is on its way - PC, PS4, Xbox, Switch
- State Police in WNY to get drones
- Jose Mourinho admits Manchester United could sell Henrikh Mkhitaryan
- Columbia Asset Management Maintains Stake in Alexion Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (ALXN)
- Vatican newspaper calls Trump's "shithole" comment offensive
- Advanced Micro Devices (AMD) Raised to Neutral at Macquarie
- Credit Acceptance Corp. (NASDAQ:CACC) Major Shareholder Sells $10541992.78 in Stock
- Pacers Complete Comeback As Cavaliers Continue To Flounder