The Premier League leaders had a £60m bid for the Chile worldwide accepted in August, only for the proposed transfer to collapse as Arsenal failed in their attempt to sign Thomas Lemar from Monaco as a replacement.
Asked about City's Anfield curse, Guardiola said, "I don't believe in these kind of things, but of course the last time City won was 15 years ago, so it means a lot in terms of how hard and complicated it is to play there".
Stoke City were ready to consider a move, but they are now unwilling to make such a large investment until they have a new manager in place following the sacking of Mark Hughes.
Asked about Sanchez, he said: "I understand completely why you ask this question; it's your job. They play really good and if you don't respect that, you have a problem", Klopp said.
"I want to be focused on what we have to do on the field".
"What's important is what happens over 90 minutes on the field".
"I think Liverpool play like Liverpool was in the past, in all their history".
"Yes, I was also talking with them", Sane told The Guardian.
Jesus (knee) is ahead of schedule in his return from injury, according to manager Pep Guardiola.
City have the EPL's best attack, having scored 64 goals in 22 games, but Ian Wright believes Liverpool's attack - the second-most prolific in the league with 50 goals scored - is just as good, even without the now departed Philippe Coutinho.
The pair enjoyed a healthy rivalry as bosses of Borussia Dortmund and Bayern Munich, which took in the 2013 Champions League final, and has continued in England, adding an extra sub-plot as two of the Premier League's biggest sides meet.
Liverpool is undefeated in its last 17 games across all competitions, while Premier League leader City has won 20 and drawn the other two of its top-flight matches this season. Old Trafford we were able.
Huddersfield Town (+160) has not lost at home this season against a lower-placed team, but West Ham United (+190, +200 draw) is on an uptick with a win or draw in six of its last seven games.
We are less than halfway through the January transfer window and there have already been major incomings and outgoings at Liverpool.
- Western New England Bancorp, Inc. (WNEB) Analysts See $0.13 EPS
- Plains All American Pipeline (PAA) Now Covered by Credit Suisse Group
- What's Ahead for GameStop Corp. (GME) After Forming Inverse H&S Chart Pattern?
- Ventura County flu deaths rise again; public health officials urge vaccination
- India vs South Africa: Host to bat first in second Test
- Prudential plc (PRU) Insider Mike Wells Acquires 10 Shares
- Nexstar Media Group (NXST) Rating Lowered to Buy at BidaskClub
- CAPROCK Group Inc. Has $9 Million Stake in Microsoft Co. (MSFT)
- Weight Watchers International Sees Unusually High Options Volume (WTW)
- Kasey Kahne, Ricky Stenhouse Jr. on outside looking in at Chili Bowl