During the team banquet tonight Dabo Swinney announced that all-conference defensive linemen Clelin Ferrell and Austin Bryant will return for another season of Clemson football. The analyst had Ferrell at No. 7 in his December mock draft. He was also considered a likely first-round selection in the National Football League draft if he gave up the rest of his college eligibility. Fields broke up two passes and posted 16 tackles.
The junior from Springfield, Mass., was named a first-team All-ACC selection, first-team All-American by the Football Coaches Association and the Sporting News and a second-team selection by Associated Press. He will be presented the Willis Award as the top Defensive Lineman in the nation by the Columbus (Ohio) Touchdown Club in February.
After racking up 106 tackles in 2016, Joseph finished the 2017 season with 96 tackles, five tackles for loss, a half sack and one interception.
Joseph, a 6-foot, 225-pound linebacker, was Clemson's second-leading tackler with 80 stops to go along with 4 1/2 tackles for loss and 10 quarterback hurries.
Four members of the Clemson Tigers have made a decision to remain with the team and forgo their opportunity to enter the 2018 NFL Draft.
After falling to Alabama in the College Football Playoff Semifinals, Clemson has some unfinished business and the team is bringing back several players who want to make up for the loss.
- Devon Energy Corp. (DVN) Position Boosted by Exane Derivatives
- Florida officer wrestles with 3.81-metre python
- Gregg Popovich Doesn't Care for LaVar Ball
- Warriors top Raptors despite blowing 27-point lead
- Conte: There was no transfer talk when I spoke to Sanchez
- Tiger Zinda Hai Day 23 in overseas
- Klondex Mines revises plans for True North mine in Manitoba
- Google's New Google Assistant Directory Tells You Everything It Can Do
- Sterling Capital Management LLC Has $592000 Holdings in BB&T Co. (BBT)
- How Analysts Rated Redrow plc (LON:RDW) Last Week?