The biggest third party announcement is that the first Dark Souls video game is getting remastered. Today's much anticipated Nintendo Direct Mini offered up a slew of games, many of those games being ports. It's a living, breathing world that players will explode using motion controls of the Joy-Con's in order to sing the song of the forest, its inhabitants, and the plants within as they unlock new abilities.
The unlikely merging of worlds in Mario + Rabbids: Kingdom Battle throws another character into the mix with a visit from Donkey Kong with a new storyline, you'll need to pick up the season pass or purchase the DLC on its own to try this update though.
The first set will include Aegislash as a playable character and Mega Rayquaza and Mimikyuu as support characters. From March 23rd Blastoise will be added as a playable Pokémon, while Mew and Celebi will be support Pokémon.
Wii U and 3DS title Hyrule Warriors is also landing on Switch this Spring in a Definitive Edition that will include Breath of the Wild outfits among other new features. Alongside the original content, the Switch version will include what Nintendo calls a "new scenario" exclusive to the console debut. But it is clear that Nintendo Switch is among the highest and is in the top position. The story mode will have players traveling across the Mushroom Kingdom participating in matches, minigames, and boss battles. Ys VIII is a JRPG with anime cut scenes and an action-oriented battle system. It's competitive search and find with balloons, complete with online leaderboards. In fact, EA is pleased with the sales of the game across the board, and according to NoF, new announcements will be made soon.
Mai, Yuri, Kula, and more are all back in SNK Heroes: Tag Team Frenzy, a fighting game featuring all the main gals of King of Fighters. It's coming this summer. New content is coming to Super Mario Odyssey too! The DLC pack will be available this spring. It arrives February 27. Fe comes to Nintendo Switch February 16. Playing in Assist Mode lets players tweak the difficulty, from a slower pace to full-on invincibility. It's coming January 25.
After a lot of leaks, rumors, and anticipation, Nintendo released a Nintendo Direct Mini this morning with a handful of new games headed to Switch.
Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze will release on the Nintendo Switch on May 4. Funky can use his surfboard to hover in mid-air and stomp on spikes. It is due out on PC, PS4, and Xbox One in addition to the Switch next month.
- Trump tweets about DACA amid controversy over vulgarity
- Sarepta Therapeutics' (SRPT) Outperform Rating Reiterated at Oppenheimer Holdings Inc
- ONEOK (OKE) - Research Analysts' Recent Ratings Changes
- Valero Energy Co. (VLO) CFO Sells 45657 Shares of Stock
- More than 40 People Remain Missing after the Mudslides in California
- Susquehanna International Group LLP Boosts Position in Teekay Tankers Ltd. (TNK)
- Trump takes credit for Olympics talks between North and South Korea
- Ending DACA will lead to 'humanitarian crisis,' says LA archbishop
- Vikings activate Sam Bradford to 53-man roster
- MA Boosts Stake in Crown Castle International Corp. (REIT) (CCI)