She also said she is grateful for the help and advice from her predecessor and current federal delegation members like Sen. Furthermore, Dayton too put up his number 2 to replace Franken, who is to resign after several sexual misconduct allegations that includes harassment and groping. She said she came out to see Smith because she's a female, Democratic U.S. senator, and she believes they share the same values.
Mark Dayton appointed Smith to fill former Sen. "I know that she will be a superb senator, representing the best interests of our state and our citizens".
"I've only been here for five days, but it seems if we have bipartisan agreement this ought to be a path to citizenship for thinks young people brought to this country as young people", Smith said.
Smith took over for former Senator Al Franken on Wednesday after being sworn in by Vice President Mike Pence. In addition to national issues like funding the government, addressing immigration, funding a health care program for children, and more, Smith says she's listening to constituents before she lays out her Minnesota-specific priorities. "It was everything from getting my senate ID card to moving into my apartment, to meeting Senator Franken's staff".
"Tina Smith will continue the long tradition of great Minnesota senators who have dedicated themselves to opportunity, fairness and improving the lives of working families - and the EMILY's List community is thrilled to endorse her campaign for Senate", Schriock added. With a GOP majority across Washington she says she realizes it will be hard to accomplish certain things.
Camerota was pleasantly surprised talking to a "newbie" and hearing an optimistic point of view from a member of Congress that was not yet jaded by the politics on Capitol Hill.
Saturday, Smith will also be making a number of appearances in the area, including on the Iron Range.
- Liverpool Aim to End Man City's Unbeaten Run
- Chandigarh stalking case: Vikas Baral gets bail, Varnika still hopeful
- Analysts See $1.14 EPS for CoreSite Realty (COR); Perkinelmer Has 1.31 Sentiment
- Nexstar Media Group (NXST) Rating Lowered to Buy at BidaskClub
- Iran calls fresh USA sanctions illegal, hostile
- Pep Guardiola breaks another Premier League record
- Steven Spielberg: If Oprah Winfrey runs for president, 'I will back her'
- McCaffery: Nick Foles helped give underdog Eagles some unexpected bite
- How Many Simon Property Group, Inc. (NYSE:SPG)'s Analysts Are Bullish?
- Everton boss Sam Allardyce 'shocked' by Spurs thrashing