The city is holding its annual observance of the national holiday honoring the civil rights leader, on Monday, Jan. 15 at 10 a.m.at the East Somerville Community School, 50 Cross St.
"I was looking back at some of Dr. King's quotes the other day".
Scott Thurmond, executive director for Friends of the Mission, said this will be the fifth year Fourth & Hope and Friends of the Mission have invited people to participate in the national day of service.
"And help the younger generation remember Dr. King", Bonner said. Tickets are $15 and may be purchased by calling Prosperity Real Estate at 623-1957, online at www.Midwestcitymlk.com or at the door on the day of the event.
He said Johnson will be speaking on this at the breakfast.
King was born January 15, 1929, and was fatally shot by an assassin on April 4, 1968. "Most just think of it as a holiday that gives us a three-day weekend, and that's all they know".
Bonner said the annul MLK Parade/March will begin at 10:45 a.m.at Gaston Chapel Church, 1206 Sterling Boulevard in Sheffield.
I'yanne Davis holds a sign showing the image of Martin Luther King Jr. during the 35th annual Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
For my 4-year-old daughter, the reason there's no school on a given day doesn't usually register.
Pena said she appreciated how the committee is putting the "Be the Dream" theme into action by expanding the closing reception at 7 p.m.to include a community resource fair with representation from several community organizations, including Unidos, the George Fox Center for Peace and Justice, Peace Village, Newberg Rotary and the Newberg Public Library.
The Lex Norwood Group performed music at Saturday's event, where Living the Dream also honored winners of scholarships and community awards.
Breakfast and activities will be hosted beginning at 8 a.m.at the University of Arkansas campus. Students, faculty, staff, and community members may attend.
- Megyn Kelly Says Women Like Fat Shaming, Twitter Screams
- Roger Federer makes Nick Kyrgios assessment ahead of the Australian Open
- Arsenal team against Bournemouth was their WORST EVER - Jamie Redknapp
- Red Cross helps Trumbull residents after fire
- Arsene Wenger reveals Alexis Sanchez resolution is imminent
- 'Mario Tennis Aces' announced for the Nintendo Switch
- Russian military releases cute puppy video for New Year's
- Teen arrested in fatal stabbing of girl inside New Rochelle Dunkin' Donuts
- Benue killings: Lalong apologizes to Ortom, withdraws offensive remark
- Without Sanchez, Arsenal loses 2-1 to Bournemouth in EPL