Gunners fans are already mourning the loss of one of the great Arsenal players in recent times, but they may find a new messiah in Brazilian wunderkind Malcolm who Arsene Wenger has made a transfer priority should Sanchez move to Old Trafford.
The latest development in the Alexis Sanchez transfer saga unfolded tonight, with one journalist claiming the forward's transfer from Arsenal to Manchester United was a done deal. "I don't know but probably this weekend he is going to defend Arsenal colours, so I don't think it's correct to say things about Alexis Sanchez".
City remain tight-lipped over a potential approach for Sanchez in the current transfer window but midfielder Kevin De Bruyne said on Wednesday he believes the player would "add something" to the squad at the Etihad Stadium.
Merson says the Armenian would be a star at Arsenal, something they would not have if Sanchez and fellow contract-rebel Mesut Ozil left the club. We don't believe in signing a player just to sign a player.
Mourinho's United are understood to have thrown their hat into the ring, bidding around £25 million to trump City's £20 million offer as they seek to bolster their attacking options and deny their bitter rivals.
"Sanchez appears to have two possible destinations: Manchester City and Manchester United".
Following the sale of Philippe Coutinho to Barcelona, earlier this week, the Anfield club have over £140 million at their disposal to add fresh attacking impetus to Jurgen Klopp's squad and, with Sanchez available for £35 million, a relative bargain in today's market, a bid for the 28-year-old seems to make ideal sense.
The Armenia worldwide has been linked with a potential exit at Old Trafford over the past couple of months or so following a hard 2017-18 season so far.
The only plus in this awful story is the relationship between the player and City manager and the fact that United aren't even close to being as good as City, this season or next. However, he and his agent are understandably considering United's offer, and any deal could depend on Arsenal securing a replacement, with Bordeaux's Brazilian forward Malcom said to be their main target.
Jose Mourinho has hinted at a possible swoop for Alexis Sanchez, saying that Manchester United had no plans on signing players this winter but that sometimes chances pop up that can't be ignored.
- Steven Spielberg: If Oprah Winfrey runs for president, 'I will back her'
- YouTube hasn't shut the door on working with Logan Paul
- Oregon State women end Arizona State's win streak
- CAPROCK Group Inc. Has $9 Million Stake in Microsoft Co. (MSFT)
- Pep Guardiola breaks another Premier League record
- Analysts See $3.00 EPS for Essex Property Trust, Inc. (ESS)
- Chandigarh stalking case: Vikas Baral gets bail, Varnika still hopeful
- Dark Souls Remastered Goes to Switch
- Occidental Petroleum Corporation (OXY) Receives Average Rating of "Hold" from Brokerages
- Liverpool Aim to End Man City's Unbeaten Run