Gunners fans are already mourning the loss of one of the great Arsenal players in recent times, but they may find a new messiah in Brazilian wunderkind Malcolm who Arsene Wenger has made a transfer priority should Sanchez move to Old Trafford.
The latest development in the Alexis Sanchez transfer saga unfolded tonight, with one journalist claiming the forward's transfer from Arsenal to Manchester United was a done deal. "I don't know but probably this weekend he is going to defend Arsenal colours, so I don't think it's correct to say things about Alexis Sanchez".
City remain tight-lipped over a potential approach for Sanchez in the current transfer window but midfielder Kevin De Bruyne said on Wednesday he believes the player would "add something" to the squad at the Etihad Stadium.
Merson says the Armenian would be a star at Arsenal, something they would not have if Sanchez and fellow contract-rebel Mesut Ozil left the club. We don't believe in signing a player just to sign a player.
Mourinho's United are understood to have thrown their hat into the ring, bidding around £25 million to trump City's £20 million offer as they seek to bolster their attacking options and deny their bitter rivals.
"Sanchez appears to have two possible destinations: Manchester City and Manchester United".
Following the sale of Philippe Coutinho to Barcelona, earlier this week, the Anfield club have over £140 million at their disposal to add fresh attacking impetus to Jurgen Klopp's squad and, with Sanchez available for £35 million, a relative bargain in today's market, a bid for the 28-year-old seems to make ideal sense.
The Armenia worldwide has been linked with a potential exit at Old Trafford over the past couple of months or so following a hard 2017-18 season so far.
The only plus in this awful story is the relationship between the player and City manager and the fact that United aren't even close to being as good as City, this season or next. However, he and his agent are understandably considering United's offer, and any deal could depend on Arsenal securing a replacement, with Bordeaux's Brazilian forward Malcom said to be their main target.
Jose Mourinho has hinted at a possible swoop for Alexis Sanchez, saying that Manchester United had no plans on signing players this winter but that sometimes chances pop up that can't be ignored.
- How Many Simon Property Group, Inc. (NYSE:SPG)'s Analysts Are Bullish?
- Liverpool Aim to End Man City's Unbeaten Run
- Prudential plc (PRU) Insider Mike Wells Acquires 10 Shares
- EPL: Alexis Sanchez should choose Guardiola over Mourinho - Sherwood
- 'The World Ends With You' Will Be Launching On The Nintendo Switch
- Western New England Bancorp, Inc. (WNEB) Analysts See $0.13 EPS
- CAPROCK Group Inc. Has $9 Million Stake in Microsoft Co. (MSFT)
- Everton boss Sam Allardyce 'shocked' by Spurs thrashing
- Dark Souls Remastered Goes to Switch
- Rafa Benitez says Newcastle talking with agents over transfers