But the United boss is willing to change his original plans not to sign in January if the right player becomes available and he could swoop for City target Alexis Sanchez in a £35 million deal.
The Armenian shone for United last season, when given the opportunity, finishing the campaign with 11 goals.
The Armenia forward started this season in fine form but has gone off the boil completely and found game-time hard to come by recently.
And, speaking during a recent interview, Mourinho refused to rule out selling the former Dortmund man in the current transfer window.
"My approach to players is that every player has a price, doesn't matter who he is, doesn't matter the level, doesn't matter the prestige, the status, I think every player has a price".
And Mourinho concedes that the 28-year-old could leave Old Trafford if they receive an acceptable offer.
GETTYAlexis Sanchez to Man Utd Jose Mourinho has made a promise to Ed Woodward
"And I am not the kind of blind manager - blind in the sense of, this player is untouchable, can never be sold".
With the January transfer window open, the Reds boss is being asked about possible signings every week by the media, while fans always eagerly await any news during this period and in the summer months.
"Then it's up to us to make the decision yes or no".
"Normally, next summer, we would try again to improve our squad in the different departments, to try to make every department stronger".
Mourinho said: "Mkhitaryan played the last match and probably will play the next one".
Elsewhere, Ashley Young is still serving his three-match suspension while Eric Bailly is working his way back from an ankle injury so both players are certain to miss the Stoke game. Besides, I think spending time with the team-mates apart from the usual daily training can be very good. So tomorrow training, then Sunday selected and Monday play'.
Have your say in the comments section, below and on our Facebook page.
- Anchor Capital Advisors LLC Maintains Position in Chevron Corporation (CVX)
- Manchester United target two forwards if they miss out on Alexis Sanchez
- Trump's plan to deport those who entered United States illegally as kids blocked
- Advanced Micro Devices (AMD) Raised to Neutral at Macquarie
- Plane skids off runway in northern Turkey
- Earnings Clues on Infinera Corporation (INFN), ZIOPHARM Oncology, Inc. (ZIOP) Analyst's Predictions
- Ishant Sharma's Selection Over Bhuvneshwar Kumar For 2nd Test Leaves Millennials Baffled
- Chelsea held to draw by 10-man Leicester
- Iran calls fresh USA sanctions illegal, hostile
- Chandigarh stalking case: Vikas Baral gets bail, Varnika still hopeful