Improvised Explosive Device was detected near HMT road on the outskirts of Srinagar on Saturday.
An official said that the IED weighing almost five kilograms was planted by the militants in HMT area of Srinagar.
The BDS defused the IED and traffic on Srinagar-Baramulla highway has been restored now.
"Bomb disposal squads of police, Army and the Central Reserve Police Force immediately reached the spot and removed the explosive device", a police officer said. They had information about militant movement on the national highway, the officials said. Officials said that timely detection averted a major tragedy.
On January 6, four policemen were killed in an IED blast in Sopore township of north Kashmir.
Meanwhile, in a separate incident two persons were injured in army firing in the same area. "If it would have been a (land) mine, how a person could have lifted it?" he said.
- England to face Nigeria, Costa Rica in June
- Saybrook Capital NC Holds Stake in Pfizer, Inc. (PFE)
- DiCaprio to star in Charles Manson film
- Trump to abstain from new Iran sanctions - for now
- Emmanuel Macron calls for UNESCO status for French baguette
- Russia: Israeli settlements reduce chances for peace
- Hitmen kidnap, torture, and murder wrong person
- Hilton Capital Management LLC Boosts Position in Costco Wholesale Co. (COST)
- Run-outs, Ashwin boost India against Proteas
- Haiti commemorates 8th anniversary of devastating quake