A blast destroyed a vehicle in the southern Lebanese city of Sidon, injuring a member of the Palestinian group Hamas, Al-Manar TV reported.
A medical source at the scene told AFP that Hamdan suffered serious wounds to his legs while opening the door to his auto, and was transported to hospital.
Fire fighters doused the vehicle.Hamdan was "slightly wounded" in the attack, a Hamas official in Sidon, Ayman Shanaa, told Palestinian television station Paltoday.
Hamas, meanwhile, denied that any of its officials were targeted in an attack.
Images posted on social media and aired on Lebanese TV showed a mangled auto, a large fire and black smoke rising above the city.
Firefighters arrived to put out the flames and Lebanese security forces quickly cordoned off the area. However, Hamas' representative in Lebanon Ali Baraka told the local television channel LBC that the explosion did not target any Hamas officials.
The Lebanese Army also released a statement soon after the bombing, confirming that an explosion had targeted Hamdan as he was entering his auto.
- Makar Sankranti special trains introduced by Indian Railways
- CNN news host's emotional speech after Trump's alleged 's***hole' remarks
- Credit Acceptance Corp. (NASDAQ:CACC) Major Shareholder Sells $10541992.78 in Stock
- Plane dangles off cliff after skidding off runway in Turkey
- Advanced Micro Devices (AMD) Raised to Neutral at Macquarie
- Will there be another mudslide in Montecito?
- China speaks for Iran nuclear deal, against United States unilateral sanctions
- 'Master of None' star Aziz Ansari accused of sexual assault
- State Police in WNY to get drones
- Minnesota's Smith to join Senate after Franken's resignation