A blast destroyed a vehicle in the southern Lebanese city of Sidon, injuring a member of the Palestinian group Hamas, Al-Manar TV reported.
A medical source at the scene told AFP that Hamdan suffered serious wounds to his legs while opening the door to his auto, and was transported to hospital.
Fire fighters doused the vehicle.Hamdan was "slightly wounded" in the attack, a Hamas official in Sidon, Ayman Shanaa, told Palestinian television station Paltoday.
Hamas, meanwhile, denied that any of its officials were targeted in an attack.
Images posted on social media and aired on Lebanese TV showed a mangled auto, a large fire and black smoke rising above the city.
Firefighters arrived to put out the flames and Lebanese security forces quickly cordoned off the area. However, Hamas' representative in Lebanon Ali Baraka told the local television channel LBC that the explosion did not target any Hamas officials.
The Lebanese Army also released a statement soon after the bombing, confirming that an explosion had targeted Hamdan as he was entering his auto.
- Trump's plan to deport those who entered United States illegally as kids blocked
- Minnesota's Smith to join Senate after Franken's resignation
- Tide Point Capital Management LP Lifted Sociedad Quimica Minera De C (SQM) Stake; United Technologies (UTX
- Harry Kane becomes Tottenham's record Premier League goal scorer
- Jose Mourinho admits Manchester United could sell Henrikh Mkhitaryan
- Donald Trump announces sale of non-existent fighter jet to Norway
- Magic Johnson tweets support for Luke Walton after team's fourth straight win
- Dark Souls Remastered is on its way - PC, PS4, Xbox, Switch
- Vatican newspaper calls Trump's "shithole" comment offensive
- Four local high schools achieve 90 percent or higher graduation rates