- There's an estimated 36,000 Haitians living in Central Florida and they're reacting to President Trump's comments about their country.
"And when I mentioned that fact to him, he said, 'Haitians?"
"The Haitian government condemns in the strongest terms these abhorrent and obnoxious remarks which, if proven, reflect a totally erroneous and racist view of the Haitian community and its contribution to the United States", Moise said in a statement.
"Why do we need more Haitians?"
Haitian-Americans who live on Long Island say they are outraged. Never said 'take them out.' Made up by Dems.
While Rep. Luis Gutiérrez (D-Ill.) said "Democrats and Republicans in the Senate made a proposal. I've always believed that America is an idea, not definied by its people but by its ideals". "The most disheartening thing to me is my belief that that was the first time words that hateful have been spoken in the Oval Office of the White House". When he spoke to reporters on Air Force One earlier this week, White House spokesman Hogan Gidley said it wouldn't be included in the physical, The Hill reported.
To no surprise president started tweeting this morning denying that he used those words.
While campaigning in 2016, Trump came to Little Haiti and told a small group of Haitian Americans that he wanted to be their "biggest champion". Two Trump allies who were in attendance, Sens.
The global community condemned the comments, which were corroborated by congressmen who had been in the room when Trump made the controversial remarks.
Haiti, which on Friday marked the eighth anniversary of the disastrous quake which claimed around 220,000 lives, also summoned the United States representative for an explanation.
Mathilde Wilson and her family moved to Portland four years ago, and she never thought she'd hear the president say what he is accused of saying about Haiti. "I think it fundamentally poisons the relationship with numerous countries", Peter Lewis, director of African Studies at Johns Hopkins University, told CNN.
More: Did Trump use vulgar language at an immigration meeting? Probably should record future meetings - unfortunately, no trust!
- Polen Capital Management Upped Its Celgene (CELG) Stake; Synnex Has 1.08 Sentiment
- The best TVs of CES 2018: LG, Panasonic, Samsung, Sony
- Centurion Test: Proteas suffer mini collapse after solid start
- Citrix Systems (CTXS) Upgraded to "Hold" at Zacks Investment Research
- Las Vegas Sands (LVS) Receiving Somewhat Positive News Coverage, Study Finds
- Marsh & Mclennan Companies Inc (NYSE:MMC) Sentiment Report
- African ambassadors condemn Trump remarks as 'racist'
- Cold wave intensifies in North India, Leh records -15 deg Celsius
- Trump to abstain from new Iran sanctions - for now
- Iran vows retaliation over USA sanctions