Late in the second period of their game against the Boston Bruins, the Montreal Canadiens lost center Phillip Danault due to injury as he was hit in the side of the head by a Zdeno Chara slap shot.
With 1:37 remaining in the second period, the 6-foot-9, 250-pound Chara wound up a blasted a shot from the blue line.
Danault collapsed immediately after taking the puck up high and he stayed down clutching his head. Still, Danault remained down on the ice for a while.
According to the CBC broadcast, the shot from Chara registered at 123.2 kilometers per hour, which converts to 76.5 mph.
Danault lay on the ice for several minutes before being taken away on a stretcher. A stretcher was called for and a full medical team was quickly on the ice.
Both teams returned to their respective locker rooms after Danault was wheeled off the ice, and the final 97 seconds of the second period were played after a regular intermission. Max Pacioretty, Nicolas Deslauriers and Alex Galchenyuk scored for the Canadiens, while the Bruins got goals from Brad Marchand, Jake DeBrusk and David Krejci.
- Banco De Chile (BCH) Downgraded to "Hold" at ValuEngine
- Lithia Motors Inc (LAD) Director Sells $620000.00 in Stock
- Hexavest Inc. Buys Shares of 118373 Chipotle Mexican Grill, Inc. (CMG)
- Stranger Things' David Harbour rocked up for this girl's yearbook
- Hawaii Gets Horrifying Wake-up Call ... Missile Threat False Alarm!!!
- LG's Google Assistant smart display has been beaten with the ugly stick
- General Electric Company (NYSE:GE) Shorts Decreased by 2.16% After Short Covering
- Santa Delivered Many Smart Speakers In 2017
- Two Sigma Advisers LP Sells 172963 Shares of Amgen Inc. (AMGN)
- No. 8 Tech upsets No. 2 West Virginia in comeback win