Newcaslte Airport remains out-of-action, after it was closed on Saturday afternoon, with all flights being cancelled or diverted due to the fire.
A massive blaze continues to burn out of control and threaten the homes of residents in the Hunter Valley.
But shifting winds forced the fire to flare again on Sunday, with the Rural Fire Service issuing another emergency warning shortly before 3pm, telling people to take shelter in their homes.
Both Jetstar and Virgin Australia confirmed flights in and out of the NSW airport were not operating as fire crews put an emergency warning in place.Читайте также: Amphenol Corporation (APH) Receives $87.90 Consensus Target Price from Analysts
The fire is moving east towards Newcastle Airport, with residents in Barry Close, Cabbage Tree Road, and Masonite Rd advised to shelter in place as it is too late to leave.
Firefighters are slowly getting an upper hand over a bushfire burning in the Port Stephens area, north of Newcastle.
The strong southerly winds have pushed the fire north of Newcastle Airport with the winds expected to continue into the evening, the RFS says.При любом использовании материалов сайта и дочерних проектов, гиперссылка на обязательна.
«» 2007 - 2018 Copyright.
Автоматизированное извлечение информации сайта запрещено.
Код для вставки в блог
- Chevrolet Silverado Unveiled, Drops 450 Pounds And Gains A Diesel Engine
- Google Open to Working With Logan Paul Again Despite Controversy
- Dua Lipa beats Ed Sheeran in Brit Awards 2018 nominations
- Pyeongchang 2018, Corea del Nord parteciperà
- Using night vision, Coast Guard rescues Canadian man on Lake St. Clair
- Institutional Investors Lead Shift in Adobe Systems Inc (NASDAQ:ADBE) Sentiment
- Sempra Energy Institutional Investor Sentiment Improved in Q3 2017
- CBS Corp (NYSE:CBS) Institutional Investors Sentiment Unchanged in Q3 2017
- Conte: Wanted Alexis at Juve…
- Three girls dead in Rajkot fire